Basically I'm an IBS sufferer and also a sufferer of motion sickness. Recently I took a 7 hour train journey to Preston and felt mostly fine on the train as always. But now I'm staying with my girlfriend i can't hold food down at all, i'm sick pure bile at least 3 times a day for the past 3 days and the smell or sight of food makes me gag and/or be sick. I've tried andrews salts and multivitamin tablets as well as gaviscon and i can't seem to eat or feel much better. Any advice?

Thanks!

I think that motion sickness probably isn’t the cause for this, you had a train ride – usually the best for motion sickness sufferers, and it’s now three days later and all the symptoms are still here. Have you managed to eat and hold down anything at all? It’s recommended that if you are vomiting for more than two days and have not been able to hold down food for at least 12 hours, you must go and see the doctor. You probably are tired of nausiousness alone, but do you have any other symptoms, like headache, fever, or something?

I don't have any other symptons, the most irritating being the gagging at the sight of food. Yeah I've managed to hold down small quantities of food while staying here but nothing more. I was considering it might be something to do with the water as the water up here is far more harsh than the stuff in Cornwall where I live. I'll be seeing the doctor when I arrive home on Tuesday. But aside from that, it seems to ease off throughout the day only to resurface the next day. And I'm male by the way so no morning sickness hehe.

I’ve guessed that you were male…and all by myself :-) I thought that its maybe stomach flu or something contagious like that, water can be the cause. But you already have somewhat sensitive stomach, this change of water might have been enough to upset it. Similar gagging happened to me only once, literally it was enough to feel even a faint smell of something eatable, it was because of very sore throat. That’s obviously not the case with you, but it happens. It seems that there is no emergency now, but just to remind you to keep drinking liquids (try chamomile tea, and wait until it almost cools) – small sips, and a few bites of toast wouldn’t hurt.
Maybe the fact that you vomit bile is important, I never figured out why that happens. It would be nice if someone who knew more about it would help

Well I had some readybrek this morning when i got up and managed to hold it down till about 5 mins ago and brought all of it back up. I'm starting to get worried now, it's been 4 days. All i've managed to hold down is 3/4 of a bowl of chicken soup, one slice of toast, a small amount of mash and some beans. Though to be fair this is the best i've felt all week. Any more advice?

Well after suffering for 4 days i've worked out it's IBS. Stomach is cramping and i have wind, which having suffered with IBS for 5 years i know now that i know what it is. Any help on relieving the symptoms of IBS?

Are you able to eat now? I can’t say good – now you know what it is - still it’s a nuisance, to say the least. I know only “theory” about IBS, my troubles are related to upper stomach, so I have all the experience I never needed with that. IBS symptoms are supposed to be caused by stress or something like that, they haven’t discovered physical cause for it?

Light headed sweating
Gently