I’m in a dilemma! I don’t know whether too much water is good or bad, because everybody’s talking about the importance of hydration and after that I hear how too much water is bad and sometimes even dangerous. I’ve even read somewhere that it can be lethal. What is your opinion? I plan to start cycling and I don’t know what to do.

What you should do is be moderate. Before you start your training drink some water an hour before the training itself. After that you should have some water after each 20 minutes of riding. The worst thing you can do is don’t divide that water and drink it all at the same time. If you do that, t can sometimes be dangerous because your body is warm and your stomach and sometimes heart can react when you drink a large quantity of cold water. So too much water isn’t good, but you must be well hydrated. I’m not sure whether drinking too much water can cause death, God forbid, but it can surely bring abut sickness and throwing up and similar symptoms.