For the last year Ive been eating about a meal a day. I have had a self image problem for a while. But with the help of my boyfriend I am slowly overcoming it. Ive admitted to my eating disorder, but I have never once forced my food to come out. But the story goes on, and I realized I was getting sick about 5 weeks ago, I started vomiting after eating uncontrollably. I started vomiting every other day after a meal. Now for the last 3 weeks, after every meal I have (3 times a day), I immediatley vomit right after I eat (15-45mins after). I have never vomited prior to the last 5 weeks when it all started. It seemed unusual that it all started all of a sudden. My doctor says Im not use to having food in my stomach, but for the last 4 weeks Ive been eating 3 times a day and I really want to get healthy again. I just had dinner with a few friends, and while eating my dinner at the restaurant, the food came up uncontrollably. Ive taken gravol to stop the vomiting but it wont help. When I got home, I drank a full glass of water, and 5 minutes later I vomitted out the water and my dinner in the span of 30 mins (vomiting 7 times). I dont know what to do anymore, my throat is killing me and my doctor told me to wait and do a mouth enema (my appointment is 28 days from now). Have you guys ever heard of controllable vomiting after you eat????? I dont know what to do, I cant wait another 28 days of uncontrollable vomiting until they can do testing on my stomach!!! Someone please help!!!!!!!! I also have a SOUR feeling in my stomach all the time.

Thankyou

yes i have the same problem,being sick most days now,i use to have an eating disorder,i also have severe ibs.i eventually got somewhere with my doctor ,who sent me for a sigmology.where they found a polyp.they removed it ,and im still being sick,so now they are sending me to have a full colonoscopy,think i have more polyps.
hope this helps,also try not eating big heavy meals ,little and often and no fatty foods .just milky cereals and crackers ,which helps me,when i get the sickness its almost like i want to have bad diarrea,very bizzarre feeling in the bottom of my stomach .

The same thing has happened me, im healthy and always have been. for the last week ive been throwing up about 30 mins after almost every meal. nothing has change as to my eating habits or health, ive no idea what it is and dont know if i should be worried or not! if it continues ill see a doctor next week i guess!

Its amazing to hear someone else have the same problem. About 4 years about i had an accident where i banged my head...a few days after i started to vomit after everything i ate or drank...uncontrolably.
The doctors just assumed it was severe concussion but after 3 months in the hospital and 3 stone weight loss it carried on.
i saw every specailist and had every test u can think of but still no results.
I am now considered a medical mystery, but luckily i have learnt to deal with it. Im still sick everytime i eat so i eat about 8 meals a day to make sure something gets into my system before i can be sick.I also past out a lot now, but im never sure if this is because of lack of nutrients or just the illness itself
I know this isn't exactly the news u wanted to hear but i just wanted to say how fantastic it is to know im not alone and also to just let you know that it does get easier and if you can believe it one day it becomes the norm.
If i ever find anything out i will be sure to let u know but please please PLEASE if there is anyone reading this who has some idea of anyway to fix this....please get in touch.

MarshmallowPenguin

I am so amazed that someone else has my problem!! I have had this for five years now and the doctors have said nothing new to me. I too have had every test run and seen every specialist. I hate to say I have no new news. The doctors tried different food such as thicker ones and they would come back up but it would hurt worse. If you are new to this I'm so so sorry!! I would not wish this upon anyone not even an enemy! I am never feel sick before I throw up but it just comes out and up. If it is thick it gets stuck and hurts but it to still eventually comes out. I can't keep down drinks, food, medicine, anything. This started when I was a junior in high school and I am now a senior in college.
I am anemic and have lost over 60 pounds in five years because of it. I too pass out quite frequently and go to the bathroom more times than you can count in a day.
I have learned different ways to deal with it. My best friend know which makes it much easier on me. I have someone to talk to about it. When it hurts me and gets stuck in my throat I have someone there for me. I eat thing that are not thick (sort of jucier) like cereal with a lot of milk or spagetti o's. If something is thick I make sure I drink a lot during my meal so it will come up easier because I know it will and there is no stopping it. You do get used to it and it does get easier to live with. But there are somethings that you don't eat because of the taste when it comes back up or if it burns your throat when it comes up. You have to figure that out on your own. Some days it is not so easy to deal with. The days when you are at a dinner party and you have to get up like 10 times because sometimes it does not wait to happen till you are done eating because it will come up when it wants to.
Sometimes I really wish I could sit down and eat a meal and not have to get up onver and over and just keep down that amazing meal I just ate, but I know that will not happen. I wish I could just be full and content for longer than five second. Also, being in college it costs a lot of money to be hungry all the time. You eat constantly because you are constantly hungry. All I can say is that it does get a little easier and you get very used to looking into the toilet bowl.
If anyone finds out anything on this please post it! I to would like to end this problem! But I would like to say thank you to my best friend who has been there for me and listened to me rant about it, and made up reasons for me to others when I leave the table over and over. You can not tell them that you are throwing up because others want to jump to the conclusion that you have a eating disorder, and don't believe you when you don't. So thank you N!! Thank you!!

I have recently broken up with my boyfriend... (two weeks ago) and at first I could not eat,sleep or drink water. I am trying to get better, but no everytime I eat I throw up uncontrollably. Even when I am with him I start throwing up almost immediatly. I have lost almost 20 lbs in two weeks and I AM trying, but I don't know how to be ok right now.. My body hurts, my teeth are bleeding.. I am at a loss... Any Advice?

If this helps you can take it for what its worth...
My mom's been sick ever since her gallbladder was out. European doctors
prescribe bile salts to help with fat digestion after gallbladder removal.
Drugs to control nausea from mental trauma include phenegran. Helps my mom ALOT.
My brother from Iraq had mental trauma and gallbladder out. They give him anti-anxiety drugs (which don't really work)
Reglin helps control stomach contractions after a meal. (We actually need stomach contractions to move the food down).
They can do an MRI on the brain to see if there's any brain issues inducing nausea.
They can do a gastric emptying study to check on stomach contractions.
If you live in a state that allows naturopath coverage (not California), I'd check out one of those. Regular MD's haven't provided alot of solutions for us!

Does anyone take anti depression tablets like Citalopram? One of their most common side effects is nausea.

Hi , I though I am the one in the world having the problem of vomiting after meal. I used to go around countries on my projects, People take me for lunch and dinner, even I use to go alone to have food. But the thing is I cant have food, my friends / my family order or prepare good food, I cant eat, If I eat then I will vomit, Hardly 3 spoons of I can have, I cant drink more than 1 glass of water, I cant even have half banana, I will vomit, This problem is there for 7 years, my health is ruined, I am not even gaining half a Kg weight for these years.

Hope you go for party , drink, dance & eat alot on the available menu, but I cant do that, I can just look at the food, if I have that then I will vomit.

Can some one help me from this sort of problem mail me your remmedy - _[removed]_

Has anyone checked Celiac Disease? This causes uncontrollable vomiting. Just a thought

I have these problem of vomiting after my every meal. I used to have it last year but it started it again. I have not consult any doctors and my food habit is normal. I eat three meals a day but when ever I eat heavy meal like rice and meat. I throw up. I feel sick and is tired of vomiting. After vomiting I feel weak and shiver. Please help.

Hi.
i would like to say that i got the same problem in 2004 and it lasted for a whole year.i could not even drink water as i would vomit everything.i went to several doctors,did piles of tests,went to hospital several times and got admitted as well but there was not positive outcome.somebody then suggested that i should try see a psychologist.i eventually went there as i was in a very bad state.i even had to stop going to university. when i went to the psychologist, i started observing changes and gradually things improved until today am perfectly alright and i don't even go to a psychologist anymore.

the problem with me was that i wanted to be skinny,so i would go to gym like i was obsessed by the idea of losing weight(was 57kg).also my personal relationships were affecting without me even realizing that they were giving me problems.the psychologist asked me several questions and she would make me realize many things out of the reply that i would give her.so i would say dnt go under the impression that people try to give.by going to a psychologist, it does not mean that you are mad,it might just be possible that there is something which is causing u stress at the back of ur mind and u r not realizing.so try get help and i would like to kno wats the outcome.hope u get well soon.

i am aq 48 old black man, and for he past 2years i've gone thur episode were i will have upset stomach at various odd times riding down the rode, eating a meal , while lying in bed this feeling will come over me. I am a very happy person over all.But i need help.

For the past year i have been throwing up occasionally after meals. At first, it was very seldom and i thought it was just a side effect of taking Advair. So i stopped taking Advair and pretty much all the other medications i was on and about 8 months later it has gotten worse. I have figured out a pattern that if i stand up after eating such as getting up and leaving a restaurant, i almost always vomit in the parking lot. On the other hand, if i sit for a long while after eating i am usually okay. That hasnt been so lately. For the past couple days i have just been sitting on the couch after a meal and can barely make it to the bathroom on time. The weird thing is that i hardly feel nauseous, i jsut feel like i have something caught in my throat and it triggers my gag reflex. If i try to hold it in, i become nauseous. I used to be fine after vomiting once but lately i cant stop. I am afraid it is going to cause severe damage. The thing that worries me the most is that a couple years ago my grandma had the same problem. She had an EGD done and they said they needed to stretch her esophagus. she had very bad complications with the surgery and hasnt been the same since. I am very worried that the problem is genetic. Does anyone know anything about this? Please help!

Hey again! I have talked to my endo doctor and they are scheduling an EGD and a barium swallow test. They think that i have esophageal strictures. It is a complication from acid reflux which most people dont even know they have. I didn't. It causes scar tissue in the esophagous and the scar tissue constricts. this makes it harder for food to pass and causes some or all of it to come back up. Hope this helps!