My stomach bloats the minute I eat or drink and stays blaoted the whole day and just gets worse everytime I eat or drink. It is much better when i wake up. Please help doctors cannot identify

You must go on a quest to find a good doctor. They probably can help but choose not to. See, some doctors aren't very nice and know they can help but are too lazy and get paid a ton for it too. Bloating can be normal around the time of your period (if you are a female). Also bloating can be from pregnancy but if it goes away and you have no other symptoms of pregnancy then i doubt it is pregnancy. Good luck on your quest!

I have the same problem. I suggest you see more doctors until one helps you. You have to examine the food you eat. Are you lactose intolerant? Do you drink sodas?

There are many possibilities, even a virus living in you intestines. Find help, feel beter.

COULD IT REALLY BE A VIRUS LIVING IN THE INTESTINES???? I have the same thing, when i eat or drink my stomach bloats, but usually not too much. But if i eat lots; it gets much larger and makes me look pregnant :S Doctors are stupid and mean; they dont care about helping people they only want the money

I was feeling the same way. Then I got put on medication for IBS, (Bentyl) and now I feel better than I have in a very long time.

I have the same problem I am 26 and it seems to be getting worse, I wake up with a flat stomache and the minut I eat or drink something it bloats and only gets worse threw my day. I am so sick of it and the doc's are sending me on a run around!!!! help

I had a similar problem. I would bloat after eating yogurt or sour cream. I would stay bloated and uncomfortable the rest of the day. The next morning I would be fine. I finally gave up these foods. After about 5 years I tried them again and the symptoms did not return. This makes me think that there was something in my intestines or stomach that reacted with the yogurt or sour cream. After a number of years, what ever it was, was gone. Even after I narrowed it down to the yogurt and sour cream, my doctors were unable to help other than to say avoid those foods.

Start a food diary. Write down everything you eat and the times. Write down the times you start to bloat. Look for a pattern. If you can find something to eat that doesn't cause you to bloat, perhaps eggs or grilled chicken, eat only that for a couple of days and then start adding other foods, one at a time. Note the reaction. The bloating may not happen immediately. It may be something you ate several hours earlier.

Initially make sure to avoid all processed foods like yogurt, cheese, butter and packaged foods like pop tarts or microwave dinners, donuts, cookies, prepared sauces etc. I recommend starting with "clean" protein. For instance, hard or soft boiled eggs. Or get some plain chicken (without any infusion of liquid to flavor or tenderize it) and broil it plain.

It will be boring to eat for a few days but this is a short term plan to identify what exactly is causing the problem. Then you can avoid it or try to find a doc who can help you with something to solve the problem. However, if you have done this sort of research first the odds that the doc will be able to help you will have gone up a lot.

At the worst it will be a boring diet for a while but you may end up just finding some foods that you can't eat without bloating.

After abstaining from milk for a month on advice from doctor and having scrutinized my diet on a daily basis, am reacting now, to all food that I eat - totally bloated and gurgling directly after eating even small amounts. Flat stomach in the morning. On Monday I am having blood tests. Doctor suspects IBS but other things need ruling out - this is not necessarily food intolerance.

My wife stomach bloats after eating so much she go's from a small size 8 till she looks like she is 9month pregnant,
And her bellybutton go's from a in to a out. She's in so much pain.

I have the same thing going on. Even my morning coffe bloats me so much it is a chore just moving around. I also have some rough headaches coinciding w/ it. It is hard to know if it is premenstrual bloating because some people bloat for weeks leading up to their periods. It is frustrating because both my 4 year old and a stranger thought I was pregnant...kind of depressing! Hate to go to the doctor because it is alwasys frustrating when they can't find anything wrong and EVERYTHING bloats you!

Sounds like Candida Albicans, or systemic yeast. Google it. I have it, it's not easy to get rid of but you can do it. People get it from being on antibiotics, birth control pills, and even eating meat and chicken that's been given antibiotics (which most meat contains. you must eat only organic) You have to go on a very strict diet for 1 - 3 years, eating only organic and eliminating all sugars, dairy, starches, most grains, nuts, fruit, alcohol, coffee, etc., but it's the only way to eliminate this thing.

To find out for sure, when you wake up in the morning and before you eat or drink anything, fill a glass with water and then spit in it. Wait up to 30 minutes and if you see strands or "legs" streaming down from the spittle, you have Candida Albicans, which is a fungus. If you don't get rid of it, it will get worse and you will develop leaky gut. Google that too.

Candida albicans? That sounds like what I have got. I was diagnozed with IBS years ago

Now I also have a very itchy scalp and have recently had yeast infection on my face.

My stomach also bloats. It is flat in the morning, and I noticed a couple of days ago that it swelled as soon as I had a glass of water. I thought, surely thats not right.

This first started after having anti-biotics for a water infection in 1997, they were called tri - something. I was pretty bad back then, and lost loads of weight quite rapidly, as eating anthing was very uncomfortable and found I could only eat very small amounts, due to an over-production of acid. I was also never away from the toilet.

I will ask my Doctor about this at my next appointment.

Thanks for posting about this, perhaps I have an answer to my problems at last.

I have the exact same problem, it's not just around my period, i've never been pregnant, I've tried Bentyl and lactulose for IBS, Amitiza for IBS, have had blood tests to check my thyroid, for that virus, have had a colonoscopy, been checked for celiac disease, the wheat/gluten allergy, the general scratch test at the allergist, i'm on prilosec and zantac for treatment of acid reflux (that's experimental to see if it helps, so far, i don't notice much of a difference), i've kept a food diary for over a year, and nothing sticks out as the cause of problems a small glass of oj and a piece of toast has the same effect as a bowl of cereal - w/ regular or soymilk for that matter. I've come to the point where I keep going back to the doctor with my own ideas. I think i'm retaining water for some reason and I think it is very likely hormonal related - you definitely are not alone. I had a blood test to check my hormone levels just this week and am set to get an ultra scan for my gallbladder. Nobody can tell me anything and that's the most frustrating part after over 2 years of looking for an answer and dumping money into doc visits and tests. I'll update you if I figure it out.

I delt with the same problem for a year and a half.  I saw 12 different doctors and spent over $20,000 on test that gave me no clear answers.  It ended up being a parasite (although no traditional doctor was able to diagnose this).  Parasites are way more common that people think, and they are really difficult to get rid of, but ask your doctor for an anti parasitic or go the natural route and get a cleanse or detox specifically for this. 

Hi. I am very curious to know if you have found a solution. Your symptoms seem to be just like mine. Its so weird. My doctors have come up with nothing yet.