Hi, I am new to this forum, but after stumbling across it on an internet search of my symptoms and seeing how helpful and nice everyone was I decided to see if anyone has any ideas about my symptoms..

First, some background info: ( I know it's long, but I'm trying to be thorough)

From the time I was 16-29 I was Bulimic. At it's worst I was bingeing/purging 3 times a day, and at it's best which was during my 3 pregnancies, I didn't do it at all. I am now 41 and had any bingeing/purging episodes for 12 years. I am currently about 30 pounds overweight and other than cleaning the house and yardwork in the summer, I would say that I'm pretty sedentary. I've suffered from daily acid reflux for several years, but otherwise considered myself to be in ok health. About 3 weeks ago, in an effort to be healthier, I gave up all soda, caffeine and chocolate. For the past 10 years up until that time I was ingesting about 2L of diet coke daily, with the only water consumption being a sip to take a daily allergy (Allegra) pill. BAD, I know!! I am now drinking about 50 fl oz of filtered water daily along with a couple cups of caffeine free herbal tea with my total water consuption being about 70 fl oz daily.

I have been a vegetarian for about 7 years. I don't eat red meat, pork, lamb, chicken, eggs etc... in the past 6 months I have given up fish/seafood entirely except for shrimp on occasion. I occasionally eat ice cream and I do eat cheeses.

Here's the thing, since giving up soda, caffeine and chocolate 3 weeks ago and drinking more water I have started feeling like total c**p! About a week ago I began to have a feeling of heaviness in the area of my breast bone, like there is a lump there that I can't feel from the outside and it is the same when standing up or lying down. I also have the feeling that I cannot get a full breath of air into my lungs. When I can't take a deep breath, I end up yawning, which helps for a minute or two, but then the feeling of not being able to get adequate air returns, and I have to yawn again. I am not sleepy, It just seems like the only way I can get enough air into my lungs. Along with that is a feeling of fullness even when I haven't had much to eat or drink. My upper stomach (above my belly button) is distended. I laid on my back and pushed on my upper and lower abdomen, and I really don't feel pain anywhere, just the discomfort from my stomach being distended. I have begun belching alot more recently, which I have to stand up or sit up straight to do or else I will burp up little bits of food and burning acid. My bowel movements really haven't changed at all, sometimes they are loose, sometimes not. I'm not feeling gassy either. I am not really nauseous or vomiting at all. When these symptoms first began a week ago I had an extreme lack of appetite for about 3 days, with a moment of nausea at the thought of food. That feeling has passed and I do feel hungry at times again, but nowhere near the appetite I had for food before. I kind of dread eating because I feel worse when I do. I'm just always aware of my stomach being uncomfortably bloated. I have felt generally fatigued lately as well. I can function and get day to day things done, go to work, take care of house, dogs, etc. I'm not falling asleep during the day, I just am lacking energy to do anything extra.

The internet has been kind of a curse since I'm now certain that I have gastric cancer, Gastropareisis, crohns, scleroderma, pancreatitis, colon cancer, etc, etc...

I have an appointment set up with my gp but any advice from this forum would also be welcome. I'm doing my best not to totally lose my mind worrying, but it's been kind of difficult. Thank you to anyone who replies!!

You have one answer here https://www.steadyhealth.com/Abdominal_fullness_distention_heavy_feeling_in_chest_can_t_get_enough_air_in_lungs_yawning_belc_t248351.html#884709

This sounds like you should definitely report these symptoms to a medical professional for further diagnostic/prognostic workup. I am a little concerned that you reveal breast tenderness as well as difficulty catching your breath along with weight loss/loss of appetite and fatigue. These symptoms can be hallmarks of cancerous malignancy worth looking into promptly. Get a physical and explain your concerns in detail to him/her. I pray these are an incidental culster of symptoms, but certainly you would be wise to explore this further with objective testing -eg., X-rays, CT scan, PET scan, and blood tests etc. if recommended by an NP, MD, or other licensed healthcare professional. Please take care of yourself and minimize stress -- self-induced or otherwise.