Hello. I'm 31 year old female and I have some questions about my present health condition. You see, I'm in my third trimester of pregnancy and everything was going just fine until few days back when one problem occurred. I started to suffer from very strong pain under my right rib arc. I had an ultrasound today that confirmed I have one very large gallstone in my bile duct.
What should I do? Would it be a reasonable consideration to have it removed before the baby is born or, as my doctor recommended, to do a caesarian section so that the stone might be removed at the same time as the delivery?

I have read your post and I would really like to help you. You see, I know something about this because I have experienced almost the same thing last year. I was also diagnosed with gallstones in my gall bladder but I was in my first trimester of pregnancy.
I have talked with doctor about my possible options and he recommended me laparoscopic surgery imidiately. He told me that first trimester is the best time to do operation because risk of miscarriage is low. But he has mentioned that this couldn’t be an option if I was in third trimester like you because the uterus to big so it could interfere with the laparoscopic approach.
So, I'm sure that your doctor recommended you the best option.

can gallstones impact the result of home pregnancy tests? in other words if the test shows positive and i have gallstones, could it be a false positive?
J