My wife is diagnosed with gallstone so normally she needed operation. There was something wrong, I don’t know details. Anyway, her doctor recommended her to put the gallbladder out. I would like to know more about gallbladder, what is its role in organism. Also I would like to know more about her next operation.

The gallbladder is a structure on the underside of the liver. It is placed on the right side of the abdomen. The function of the gallbladder is to store bile that is produced in the liver. It should be done before the bile is secreted into the intestines. Bile secreted into the intestines helps our body to digest fats we eat. In most situations gallbladder problem requires surgical treatment, for example gallstones. Since gallstones are often just a sign of some problem, treatment is directed towards gallbladder rather than gallstones. The treatment involves removing the gallbladder, step her doctor decided to make. This is often done using laparoscopic surgery. Non-surgical treatments such as dissolution therapy and lithotripsy have a poor success rate. Also, beside this reported is and high recurrence rate so are used only in very limited circumstances. The surgery to remove the gallbladder is called a cholecystectomy.