Recently, my husband was diagnosed with gallstones. He had problems with abdominal pain till then. The doctor told him that his gallbladder will rupture if he does not go to surgery. We are obviously scared so I would like if some could tell me more about these gallstones in general. Could my husband die if he doesn't operate?

It is very dangerous if the gallbladder ruptures, because it can lead to many other complications that can lead to death. As the doctor has said, the operation at this point is needed. Now, I will tell you some basic information about the gallstones. Gallstones are diagnosed with ultrasonography or by oral cholecystography. Patients with gallbladder stones are experiencing abdominal pain or pressure discomfort. Removal of gallbladder and the stones is the best treatment for the patients and this procedure is called cholecystectomy. Cholecystectomy is performed using laparoscopic techniques or through abdominal incision. The laparoscopic procedure has more advantages then abdominal incision procedure. These advantages are shorter hospital stay, minimal scarring and faster return to normal activities. Death during the operation is very low. I hope that this information can help you.

my mom had laparoscopic cholecystectomy i watched recorded vid,while the clip is holding the gallbladder accdentally punctured/ruptured and a greenish yellow brown flow,will it cause any complication.ist a bigmistake done by doctor?