Hi. I have just found I am pregnant. I have hernia and I am really worried about my pregnancy. What to do? Should I have a surgery? Or should I just leave it alone and have a caesarian delivery?

Hi. Well, it is rather unusual to have a caesarian delivery just because of hernia. I had pregnancy & hernia situation. When I found out I was pregnant, I immediately went to see my gynaecologist. He told me to avoid hernia surgery during pregnancy. He said it was the best way. My hernia wasn`t posing any threat to my health and it was smart to avoid the risk of having a surgery at the time. Anyway, my doctor told me to wait until after the baby is born. Even if the surgery is unavoidable, it is recommended to do it only during the second trimester. The best thing I could do at the time was minimizing risks of aggravating my hernia.