Hi, I am a thirty five years old woman. I am in my first trimester of pregnancy. During a regular checkup, a doctor was concerned about something and ordered a few more tests. The results came in and I am now diagnosed with complex cyst on my right ovary. It is filed with a solid mass. What can you tell me about it?

Hi, I must say that the complex cyst that you have on your right ovary is not to be neglected. It is a serious condition. It could also mean that you have a tumor. The solid mass that is detected in the cyst might contain some abnormal cells. Naturally the tumor must be removed. Since you are pregnant, the only thing that should be considered right now is the maintaining of the pregnancy. If you are not in pain and if there are no other complications, the complex cyst can be removed during a caesarian section. In the meantime your condition should be regularly monitored. If your condition turns to worse the cyst can be removed, without the damage done to the baby. In any way this complex cyst cannot be left unmonitored. I am sure that your OBGYN scheduled another appointment. You will probably be explained about all the options. I hope that you and your baby will come out of this situation unharmed.