HI IV'E BEEN TRYIN TO CONCIEVE FOR 3YRS NOW I'VE DONR EVERYTHING BUT LAY UPSIDE DOWN..LOL! I WAS RECENTLY RUSHED TO THE ER FOR ABDOMINAL PAINS AND WAS LATER TOLD I HAVE SEVERAL GALLSTONES,,NOW IM WONDERING IF THIS COULD HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE ALL THESE YEARS ? CAN ANYBODY HELP ME? I WILL BE HAVING THE SURGERY IN JAN! :'(

I don't think gallstones cause infertility..

Gallstones have a lot to do with digestion and sometimes with weight gain or loss.

I have always had irregular cycles. And I was told I couldn't get pregnant. We did all the fertility steps pills and shots for months and months. Got pregnant one time and miscarried. And we stopped trying over 4 years ago and chose adoption instead. I had my gallbladder taken out about a year ago. I had a cycle almost every month or every other month after I had it taken out. Then I got pregnant on my own without even trying. I have mentioned this to the doctors they have no idea why the two are connected. But a few months after I had it taken out I told my husband I wouldn't dought it if I got pregnant because it fixed all my problems. All the doctors can say is it shows how much we don't know.

I'm investigating this now on my own. I think that there is a link between Gallstones and interility if your gallstones where formed by estrogen, do you insulin resistance. It's worth looking in to.

This exact same thing happened to me. Had been trying for 3 years to conceive, my husband and I got referred to fertility clinic. It became quite an upsetting time especially with all our friends getting pregnant, and being labelled infertile and being told constantly the reason was because of my weight. Was having irregular cycles and told I wasn't ovulating. During this time I found out that I had a gallstone, doctors weren't that bothered about it until I had a major gall bladder attack and ended up in A & E because of the pain. 2 years after finding out I had a gall stone a doctor finally referred me to get my gall bladder removed. Had my gall bladder removed beginning of October and ended up conceiving mid November. I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and still trying to get my head around it all, neither my husband and I can believe how lucky we are. After so many years of trying, appointments and upset and within a month of having my gall bladder removed I fell pregnant. I would really like some answers and some professionals opinion. Can gall stones cause infertility? If so why was this not picked up on sooner?

Did you have a "natural" delivery or because of the surgery did you have to automatically havr a c-section? curious to know.