What do you think could be the cause of this acute gastritis I have occasionally-its symptoms appears so sudden and I usually have burning sensation in my upper abdomen but also am suffering from nausea and occasional vomiting. The last time I had this acute gastritis situation was about 2 months ago and it lasted for several days and I have noticed that my acute gastritis is somehow connected to those mild headaches I have occasionally also so am wondering what could be the cause of acute gastritis. Anyway the thing is that I am in fact concerned if this acute gastritis could turn into chronic condition so I would appreciate if someone tells me how I could prevent this. Thanks much!

You may try with taking antacids such as Mylanta or Maalox –they are good in neutralizing stomach acids especially in acute gastritis condition but if your symptoms are much worse than maybe you should take some acid blockers I am taking Zantac which fits me perfectly in reducing the production of acid amounts. Anyway you need to keep in mind that no matter chronic or acute gastritis treatment usually depends on its cause so you better go see some doc just to determine exactly what have caused you this acute gastritis condition for that would be the best way in establishing the right treatment but since you have mentioned your acute gastritis symptoms somehow appears along with your headache so I suppose you are taking some pain relievers –aspirin or ibuprofen –which could easily be the cause of your acute gastritis condition and if so than the only solution to your problem is stop taking them.