I am 27 and am having gastritis problems since my 20-es and though even few times my gastritis was treated the abdominal pain is still present in form of slight discomfort and I would like to hear how I could deal with this. I was treating gastritis by fasting and drinking hot water during fast but the results lasts only about 10 days or so and then again there is abdominal pain. I also occasionally take some pills that help me reducing this acid taste I feel. So what else I could do to help myself dealing this?

I have gastritis also and I know that fasting and using water are really of help in treating gastritis but gastritis treatment doesn't end here. The way you eat and what you eat are also very important part of the gastritis treatment. Eating too much or eating different kind of a food per one meal might trigger your gastritis attack and therefore you still have abdominal pain present even after the gastritis is being treated. Also avoid stressful situations try not to worry too much and avoid anger and grief for this also might be the cause of your abdominal pain. Anyway the way you eat the way you feel, the way you live … all of that may trigger your gastritis and abdominal pain. So don't drink alcohol, coffee or strong teas, avoid eating heavy food rich in fats, not eat too big portions and don't mix carbohydrates and proteins. And remember whenever you are fasting for gastritis treatment it is always good that after these 2 or three days you go on all fruit-diet and drink only fruit juices. This diet also lasts three days and than after these try to gradually embark the diet that is consisting of meat, vegetables and fruit. Drink a lot of water at least 8 glasses per day but never drink it during meal. Also eating in calm atmosphere might reduce your gastritis problem and abdominal pain.

I have had chronic gastritis for about nine months now. To treat symptoms get a prescription of a PPI or antacid.

My gastritis was caused by intestinal disbyosis, this is where the good bacteria have been replaced by bad, cue weapons grade probiotics and now nearly sorted!

I think i have gastritis - due to medication i take for arthritis, and I often get an upset stomach. I am taking somac to try and help with what my dr thinks is a mild case of gastritis, but the last few days i have had extreme pain in my stomach / lower tummy area. it feels like i need to pass wind, but am unable to. Is this common with Gastritis?

I was diagnosed with gastritis a few months ago when I felt severe pains in the chest area, abdomen and back area and it was affecting my sleep that I was sleeping with my back against a hot radiator and a hot water bottle on my upper abdomen. The doctor put me on antacids and said those should help ease the pain and told me what was happening was that the acid from the stomach had been splashing up into the gullet and was causing the pain. Months later the pain is still present in the gullet area and then this evening I started getting pain all over my back, abdomen, and chest area again. The antacids have done nothing at all to solve the pain.

Do a search for "Abdominal Angina" and see if the symptoms match yours. 

I have been diagnosed with Gastritis since my early teens, so it has been an on and off thing for about 20 years. However i am shocked that your doctors have not prescribed Ranitidine aka ZANTAC. When i was first diagnosed they put me on a then trial drug called Pepcid which nullified ALL pain i had and i have a severe case of gastritis. A few years ago my Gastritis came back worse then ever. I literally had so much pain that i wanted to keel over and die, i went to the ER just because i was in so much pain and it was diagnosed as my good ole friend Gastritis and the doctors put me on Ranitidine and it all pain ceased within 4 or 5 days.

I was just diagnosed with gastritis and it was the worse pain I have ever felt I got sharp pains in my back and was throwing up constantly and shaking. The doctor prescribed me Zantac but nothing is helping I still curl up in a ball at least ten times a day. Nothing helps any suggestions?

Hi I had the same pain was being treated for what doc thought was ulcer within a few months I had to have my gallery bladder removed was told this was the then cause of sternum pain and stomach pain, indgestion, vomiting etc...nope still there after opening then had endoscopy and have gastritis and costochondritis that was 3 years ago have had all the messages...maalox, omeprazole, lansoprazole, PEPTAC liquid you name it I've had it and still in agony....only thing left to look at is my diet....perhaps a special diet/fasting etc....i am at my wits end

Same thing happened to me, I drink Mint leaves (Yueba Buena) also pure peppermint tea. Good stuff. Helps me a lot.