Hi, I have been having problems with my stomach. This condition has been troubling me for some time now. At first I was not certain what was wrong with me and why am I feeling this stomach pain every once in a while. When I saw a doctor, he diagnosed me with gastritis. After some questions and examination it turned out to be an autoimmune gastritis. Can you please tell me what causes gastritis and what is the difference between autoimmune gastritis and a regular gastritis?

Hi, I also have gastritis. Like you, I went to see a doctor who prescribed me some medicine and gave me instructions for a diet that I must follow in order to keep my gastritis down. Gastritis is actually an infection or an inflammation of the stomach lining. There are several reasons that can cause it. Stress, aspirin, non steroidal anti inflammatories drugs, bacterial and viral infection, enlarged production of stomach acid caused by alcohol, caffeine, and the most important cause for you that can result to gastritis is autoimmune problems. Autoimmune problems mean that our immune system starts acting against our own cells since it is recognizing them as threats. Stomach lining may be attacked by immune system causing acute or chronic inflammation called autoimmune gastritis. So you can see that basically the pain that we are feeling in our stomachs is caused by the same illness with different roots.