Hello. I would like to find more about treatment options for glaucoma.
Just recently, my mother has been diagnosed with this eye disorder and it has really started to affect her everyday activities.
I don’t know a lot about this condition but I know that it has something to do with pressure inside the eyeball which is in this case very high and hardly treatable.
I have read some stuff about possible treatment and several things are mentioned such as eye-drops and pills, conventional surgery, iriditomy… but a friend told me that today it is best to treat it with laser. What should I know about this laser treatment for glaucoma!?

I know some facts about this laser treatment you’ve interested about because my brother has had it few months back. It has completely change his life and that’s why I will tell you more about it.
The operation is called laser trabeculoplasty and during the procedure laser is being used to help fluid drain out of the eye.
The operation is fully painless because before the surgery, eye-drops will be applied to numb the eye.
You will not fell a thing and there will be no scar or effects on your vision. Although laser surgery reduces eye pressure very effective, problem is that in few years your eye pressure will increase again!

I had the laser treatment for glucoma, and it failed.It was vey painful and I had to wait several weeks before recieving a shunt for the same eye. I am still waiting to see if this is going to help my glucoma. If there is any info on this procedure I recieved I would love to know it.