I have been plagued with an eye issue for 4-5 years now. I can function with it fine  at the moment (things like slow reading, driving) but I worry it might be something that gets worse. At first I thought it might have something to do with my brain since I passed all the usual eye exams (for glasses) but after doing an MRI and other tests (Vestibular) to clear that up I am turning to eye problems.

To summarize and get to the point I don't seem to have control of my eyes. When I stare at something it looks like a bleeping TV signal when the vision goes out and in so fast, the picture fades in and out and i cant visualize anything clearly for more than a second or 2. When I look around things don't look real and seem more dreamlike. its not constant, I can get a glimpse of things but i cant hold that glimpse for long, it fades away then it fades back.

The closest thing I have found on internet that describes my problem is eye fixation. or the lack thereof in my eyes. but I cant seem to find any associated diseases that causes that problem.

Fixation or visual fixation is the maintaining of the visual gaze on a single location

The bold line above describes my problem when I try to look at something still. I also have the same problems in visualizing moving things. its only worse and visibly blurry when its a moving object.

Does anyone know more about this? I don't have much hope that its a common & known problem but your help is very much appreciated if you can be of help.

Nothing on the subject eh :(

Hi Dave Tron, i know your post is old but i just came across it. I have the exact same problem and i was looking on the internet about eye fixation and came across this post. Have you ever found out what was the problem? I try and tell eye doctors this and they look at me like im stupid. I've been having this problem along with a lot of other neurological issues. This eye fixation problem has been a serious issue for me. Let me know if you know of anything... Thanks.

Look into glaucoma and/or health of your optic nerve. There is such a thing as normal pressure glaucoma.