My 13 yo daughter taught herself to pee standing up.  She told me its faster and she doesnt have to come in contact with the seat and doesn't use any paper.  I have to admit that I was amazed at how skillfully she could do it (I'm content to sit).  I don't think this should cause any problems for her but I was curious if this is common for girls to do.

Hello Tiff

Sorry about that. No, its not common for girls to pee while standing - I remember this was a dare amongst girls at school - whether one could pee standing like boys?? We ended up making a mess!!

My sincere guess - she will get over this habit eventually

Thank you for your reply. Curious why you said "Sorry about that"? I didn't know it was possible for girls to do this without making a mess, but she does regularly without any mess.

I'm 15 and a few years ago a neighbor girl showed me how to pee standing.  I live on a horse farm and it's kinda convenient when you don't have options.

It's not hard but takes some practice.  I think more girls would pee standing if they knew how easy it was.

YES It work's vary good I'm 8years old than your girl and I have been STNDING up to pee for a vary long time... and NO this will not cause her any problems at all You as a mother need to tray it IT works vary wall for me ....have a good day :-) :-) :-) from Miss SAM in South East GA zip code 31539

Ok, i'm curious how do u pee standing without making a mess?

practice, practice, practice
You may need to spread your lips so they don't deflect the stream just like guys have to pull their foreskin back to get a straight stream.
Then learn to aim your urethra.

It's also helpful if you don't have any hair down there to get in the way.

I didn't even consider that. I guess I figured most girls shave but now I'm wondering about that. Do they?

Health Guru
I know a girl I'm her early 20 thats taught herself to pee standing up at a man's urinal because she says it saves time queueing for the ladies when in night clubs.

She must have some interesting stories to tell.
How do the guys react to having a girl standing at the urinal next to them?

Health Guru
She normally has one of the guys she is with check its empty first then her and her girl friend go in while the guy stands guard outside the door to stop anyone going in but I know she can because I have been standing next to her taking a pee before lol

Many years ago I was in Canada racing. After the race we stopped in the lounge before leaving. There were two rest rooms but with no markings on the doors. I saw some guys coming out of one so I chose that one. I was standing at the urinal on the left side wall when I heard someone come in and go to a toilet stall to my right at the back of the room. They had no doors on them and when I heard a voice speak to me about the race I looked over to see a girl sitting there facing me. Turned out to be unisex bathrooms.

Health Guru
I'm from England and when I have been to parts of France and Germany have found you get a lot of unisex toilets there. Remember one I went in over there was 1 corridor at the end a doorway left and right one male one female as you went in the gents urinal was on the left so as you stood there taking a pee any females coming out there's could look straight in at you peeing and compare sizes between you lol

When I first read this thread, I couldn't believe it, but I did some research and it can be done. I taught myself to pee standing and it actually feels liberating.