i have been diagnosed with gad, and ocd. I know i have had it for a while, but it has gotten worse. for the past 8 weeks i am on zoloft. not helping. I have been with the same company for almost 20 years. and I feel like I need to go off. I know my doctor and phyciatrist will have no problem with this. but I am afraid of how my standard life group insurance will handle it . Some days I dont want to leave my house.

Anyone had to go off on short term or long term disability because of gad. How did youmake out what can you tell me

I would like to hear the answer to this too if anyone happens to know the answer to this. Are you also going to therapy for this? I would like to hear how you're doing. Thanks!

I'm not surprised that med have not been helping your anxiety and thats because your anxiety is within you. You will never be away from yourself, so you should try to deal with your problems and look at why you have ocd and gad. what is your axiety driven by and what triggers it? how bad is it? how abnormal are your ocd behaviours and what makes it compulive? do you have sexual anxiety or frustration? a psychiatrite may not be the best person to talk to when it comes to these issues. you should deffinately find a therapist who you feel comfortable with and work through the cause and the triggers of your anxiety and they may be able to help you let go of it. As soon as you accept it and free yourself from your anxiety you won't need any meds. don't focus on the diagnosis, it could easily be wrong, your symptoms may be misinterpreted by your psychologist, instead focus on how it effects you and how you want your life to change. you can overcome it, and if you want to it will dematerialize and you will be able to stop worrying.

Celebrity
I agree with the other replies. I found that you have to take anxiety head-on and treat the cause not the symptoms if you want true relief. I would recommend CBT therapy because that is what helped me get myself better.
Here's a link to an article I wrote a few months ago for this website on my experience using CBT to get better.

https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/article.php?mode=view&hpr=Cognitive_Behavioral_Therapy__Best_non_med_treatment_for_anxiety_and_stress_problems&article_id=958

Hope you find it useful.