I have been on OxyContin for roughly three years. I am at 120-200mg a day from an old broken back surgery that has reared it's ugly head yet again. I have list my home, my life and most if all, my fiancé. Even at this dose my pain still surges through. But it has gotten to the point that I don't even know what my true pain feels like as the withdrawl between doses has mixed together. So I have made the decision to get clear of the pills to go back to the original pain so I can reassess, and look into other pain coping treatments. Please no try this for your back. What I need is info on kicking the Oxys. I thank you in advance for all your advice, hints and tips. Everyone responds differently and I figure with support, a plan to ween off an use other meds in proper doses and some spiritual healing, I may get my life back, be able to fix my back and most importantly, get the live if my life back.

I abused heroin, Oxycontin, Vicodin, and a bunch of other opioid painkillers... I had an addiction... well I HAVE an addiction. I'm in a federal funded Drug Court program now, and I've been clean from opioids for close to seven or eight months now. I'm so sorry to hear about your pain, and loss...I fell into addiction for the "fun" of it.

What I did, when I decided I was NOT going to go to prison, NOT throw away honors society, yadda yadda...my life inspiration... I ended up getting sent to rehab. They just confined me for a couple weeks and threw good life, good child gospel preaching at me. It was terrible. HORRID, man. You know...withdrawl... after that, it was all psychiatric help. Hypnosis. Brain chemical drugs... a maintenance dose...still confinement though..house arrest..ect... 

I guess, all the advice a naiive teenager can give you, is to try to get into a rehab program...get yourself into a Methadone maintenance program. Methadone is addicting too, but you can at least start to wean yourself off physical addiction. Even if you think you've lost everything, support is out there. Hell, even if me, some total stranger on this site was your support, I would consider myself honored to be there for you. 

Go to Narcotics Anonymous meetings, find a sponsor, work the steps (even if you don't like the Christian biases behind it all...like me) 

Programs exist. Funding is out there. The world has not completely gone to waste yet...free help, special help, help help help. Just reach out to all the help out there, man. Get a sponsor. Go through withdrawal... nock yourself out with something while you're going through it... I don't know...just reach out for more help than on here. 

Thanks for your advice. Meth is not an option. My previous live worked a second step clinic. And I saw all the cons and well cons of meth. The only real stay in rehab center around me is just plain scary. I have already reached to some out patient rehab to start and put a plan together. Xango juice located and finally going to talk with my pharmacist about suboxne. It's also addictive but is what alot if the clinics are using to sub. If you have anymore ideas, send then my way.
I hope you maintain your goals. Your story seems like such a struggle but you bear it. That is inspiration to me. So I thank you. All the luck in the future and a 1000 thank you's for sharing yout story.

Hi. I am so happy for you. Well we are nearly the same except I am still taking 1600mg of morphine a day and cant find anyone or place to help me. I want off so im going to have to go the withdrawals alone. I am however really happy that someone your age has done this. You should be very proud. You are stronger than me. Take care and stay on the right road. The other roads a dead end. We both know that.