Hi, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with bone cancer. We are all surprised by this. I would like to know what type of treatment is recommended. My friend’s doctor is mentioning something about the antagonist of the folic acid. Can anyone give me more info? Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hi to you too. Bone cancer can appear within younger people as well. The treatment usually consists from chemotherapy, often combined with radiotherapy. Antagonists of folic acid are also known as antifols. One of the most known antifols is methotrexate. It blocks some enzymes that are important for synthesis of folic acid. Folic acid is important for DNA synthesis. In this way, it stops the cancer growth. As other cytotoxic drugs, it also shows many side effects. Sometimes, surgery can also be performed. Good luck!