I went to see a gynecologist after years and I was surprised – I have a cervix cancer. I hate this and I really don’t know what to do next. I didn’t expect this and I don’t like unexpected things in life. I would appreciate if someone could give some piece of advice. Thank you for answering my post.

Hi, there. You haven’t mentioned your age. Women who have already given birth are going to hysterectomy. In this procedure, whole uterus is being removed with a smaller portion of vagina. This is a standard procedure. Since you didn’t have any symptoms, I guess your cancer is still at early stage. It can mean that surgery will be enough. In advanced stage, chemotherapy or radiotherapy is necessary. You should discuss with your gynecologist about your options. Good luck!