I have to go in Thursday at 3:00 PM to get a cyst removed from the back of my scalp. I was just wondering if I will be able to go to work Friday. I've never had this done before so I am kinda nervous. I've heard it hurts and also it doesn't. Thank you.

My husband had this done 2 months ago, he had 2 cysts removed and was dreading the procedure. It was far far better than he feared and there was very very little pain at all. The doctor told him to take things easy for the rest of the day and afterwards the only discomfort he felt was like that of having a papercut, so a little stingy. Paracetamol took that discomfort away. The next day he felt totally fine but they still say to go carefully and not to wash your hair for a few days afterwards.

Should you have any more questions, feel free to ask. All the best, and try not to panic it will be just fine! 

Thank you. :) I will for sure take it easy luckily its the weekend coming up.

yes the weekend will help but my husband said he felt totally fine, the following day he couldn't feel anything in the way of pain. Perhaps just a little discomfort with certain facial movements but as his was more at the front of the head, this shouldn't be too much of an issue if yours is at the back.

I got it done. It was deep and it had ruptured it wasn't painful until a few hours later and its still pretty sore. Just wanted to let you know. I'm glad your husband didn't have any problems.

I was thinking about you and wondering how it went. I'm sorry that it ruptured, that is bound to have made it more difficult. Take paracetamol and ibuprofen alternatively every 2 hours, that is what the doctor told him to do, but take note of the maximum dose and do not exceed the amount in 24 hours. Hope you find the soreness eases.

Thank you. I will do that. My doctor just told me to rest she didn't tell me anything about how to go about it if it started to hurt.

Hopefully in a day or so the soreness eases for you, if its no better by Monday, perhaps ring the doctor for a little professional advice but you may find that it feels better by the day.

It has felt a bit better. Thank you again.

Hope you continue to feel better and better.