I have a great problem with my partner. He is always distant even when he is physically present. When I say that he misses me he goes wild. He says that he is beside me every time he can, and it is true. But I need more showing of emotions. He is too closed. What should I do to make him understand me?

I know what you mean. I had a same problem with my husband before marriage. It was easier to lift an elephant then to make him say something romantic or to make him to show emotions. First you should know is there any problem. If there is not, then you have to be patient. Tell him about how much you love him. He will understand. Men are little slow but if he love you he will make an effort.

My husband is very distant, also. For a long time, i felt like he didn't give a c**p about me. Finally, I realized that it is just hard for him to show his emotions or say things like, "I missed you", "I love you", "I'm mad at you", or "Thank you". We almost got divorced because he couldn't even tell me little things (like, if he was pissed that i didn't do the dishes!). Then, we got cell phones with text messaging. He can say anything thru text! It's amazing because he is literally a man of very few words, but he will text me every chance he gets now, especially on his breaks at work. I think it has saved our marriage because the little things that he couldn't express were eating at him like crazy and i was more lonely when he was home than i was when he was away. Now, we b.s. all day long!

i understand too. When my husband and i were hitting our two year married mark he got distant. he would show no emotion. finally i had enough of it. i was sick of being the only one who was trying so i told him when he came home from work one day that i was leaving for a while. i had bags packed and everything. i had never done anything like this with him before and he knows what kind of person i am and that would be if i leave there isn't a good chance that i will come back because i am not emotionally dependent. i only try for so long and if no response, then i'm gone. I would cry so hard when i was alone because i Felt good that he wan't there and it shouldn't be that way.

When he saw the bags he didn't say anything and i didn't expect him too either cause he never talked about anything any other time. he then heard me talking to some one on the phone outside telling them that i would be there in about 4 hours, and that broke the ice. i came in the house and he was on his knees begging me not to go. i was shocked! i just stood there. He said he was sorry and that he would fix it if i just stayed for a month and if things weren't better then i could leave. i stayed and needless to say, i find little love letters all over the place, he picks me flowers on his way home from work. he cooks me dinner. he is so hot when we have sex, saying all these dirty things to me. what ever i did opened his eyes and he changed. now we B.S. all day too.