Hello, I am a 39 year old female that had a novasure in 2010 as well as essure.  I had the novasure due to very heavy periods and cramping.  For the first several months my periods decreased but for the last year I have been having a period every 2 weeks and flu like symptoms with these periods.  I did go to the doctor in regards to this because I could no longer deal with the bleeding or the associated symptoms.  The doctor found a large fibroid in the top of my uterus which I believe she said was within the wall of uterus and this would not cause my symptoms.  She said my endometrial stripe appeared as it should post the ablation and was thin.  Furthermore she attempted an endometrial biopsy x 2 which was very painful and unsuccessful.  She suggested that I should not be having periods due to my cervix basically being closed and or scarred causing her to be unable to dilate my cervix.  Pap smears in the past normal except on two occasions in which they revealed inflammatory cells but these were repeated and fine.  I am assuming the only option is a hysterectomy but due to the expense and down time I had wanted to avoid this procedure.  Have any of you heard of this or are you familiar with this same scenario.  Please help,  I am a mother of 3, very active and have a job.  It's difficult living like this.  I can't stand being so weak and fatigued every 2 weeks. 

Question, what did u do to stop the bleeding? I had the novasure procedure done May 2016. My periods were ligher but now every 2 weeks. This last period was 5 days long and 2 days later started bleeding again (I'm on the 3rd day). I like you don't want to have a hysterectomy for something that isn't life threatening and the cost. I have thought about taking the nuva ring in hopes to at least spread my periods to hopefully once a month but not sure if that will even help. Please let me know how things turned out for you. Amanda Z.