Hi:  New here. I had surgery for a ruptured appendix 2 months ago.  A month ago I began having stomach pain and the bloating from surgery still hasn't gone away (I look about 4 months pregnant). I'm a 54-year-old female.  I had a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy 2 weeks ago.  also a test for C. diff, but I haven't heard back on that yet. (They say they'll send a letter soon with all results).  Results normal on biopsies (thankfully), and colon is normal, but I have gastritis.  I had an abdominal ultrasound last week--no results yet.  They keep focusing on my gallbladder, and may do a HIDA scan soon. Frankly, I'm very leery about possibly having my gallbladder removed, if it is suggested.  I've heard too many stories of people not feeling any better or even feeling worse after this surgery.  Anyone is welcome to chime in on this--the more experiences with this, the better.  If it comes down to a 'must do' to lose the pain from the gastritis (and the bloating, hopefully), I'll bite the bullet and get the surgery, but again, right now I have huge doubts on this.  Thanks for any input.

I had some colon problems...Dr. scheduled me for a re-section...and while he was in there...he took out the gall bladdar as well.  I have been sick ever since..diarrhea, bloating, cramping, headaches, weight loss etc. etc. Unless it is absolutly a necessary procedure....I say dont do it ! Eat right..rest well, etc. and avoid surgery at all costs ! I have been miserable for an entire year !!! Still seeing Dr.s....and staying home. Hope this message helps someone !

P Landis: Thanks so much for your reply. I also posted this question on other forums, and got a similar answer. Sorry you are having problems. I hope things get better soon and pray all turns out well for you. Your input is very appreciated and helps not only me, but I would guess others as well. Take care.

Do you have nausea all the time---had my gallbladder removed three weeks ago and the nausea just won't go away----was sick a month before suregery now over three weeks after---and like you, am losing weight---already 12 pounds---if you have the nausea , what helps

bellco, I realize it has been a while since your post but I am curious to know whether your nausea symptoms have since disappeared. I am 9 days post op and I am nauseous constantly.

Had my gallbladder was removed last year. Ever since I have had problems with diarrhea but have not lost any weight but do not feel hungry . Just had a Upper Endoscopy this week and waiting for results. My doctor did recommend Cholestyramine packet. I only use about a tsp in orange juice daily and it has really helped the diarrhea. But now I feel as though i have food in my esophagus all the time. I get the results of my Endoscopy this week.