Can anybody advise
I have graves disease ( goiter )and Hyperthyroidism was on Carbimazole but was taken off because I became neutropenic ( Very low white bloodcells ) and in a lot of pain in my stomach
I have been seeing an endo since early 2008
Trouble is I am very confused, I am 45 I participate in a very strenuous sport three times a week. I haven’t lost any weight in fact I have put on over 8 lbs in the last 6 months. (Appetite normal)
My eyes tend to feel strained but not bulging
I have a low heart rate 52 when resting
My blood pressure is low
I do have palpitations sometimes
I do get quite irritable sometimes ( but not any more than usual )
I get: cramps in my legs and toes quite a lot { my little toes seem to cross over }
My memory can go from brilliant to nill from day to day
A constant dry throat but not coughing
No hair loss
Good nails
Endo says I should have RAI but not keen and Surgery
Is anybody same as me !!!
Thanks
Koryo

Some of the symptoms you described such as putting on weight do happen with an over active thyroid, despite being less common. So, even if you experience it you might be overactive. Cramps can also be associated with hyper, in fact it can go as bad as to hyperthyroid myopathy, which is mostly found in graves disease patients. Blood pressure is not necessarily related with the whole business, it can be high, but not necessarily, it can also be low, depend son a the patient. Cramps can be a sign of muscle myopathy or degeneration (dystrophy) or simply because you exercise tooo much...I wouldn't recommend surgery or RAI, I would recommend having your potassium levels checked, also iron levels. Find the right medication, is safest by far...my advice.