Hi. I had a gum surgery. I don`t have a gummy smile any more but I do have some post op problems. I feel numbness in my mouth. Should I go check it out with my cosmetic dentist?

Hi. My sister had a gum surgery. It is perfectly normal to feel numbness because this surgery is often performed under a local anesthetic. My sister is very happy with her smile now. It is not gummy any more. Healing time is quick and her cosmetic dentist said surgery improves the health of the gums too. Even her tooth sensitivity to cold and hot foods is reduced. I like her new smile too. Gummy smile looks really funny.

I am glad everything went well for you on your surgery, I had gum surgery about 2 years ago. I moved to a new city and seen a dentist here and she told me that my gums will grow back. They have grown quite abit already. Do a little research on that, it is great but it is just like botox, you need to go back and get it done when the effect wears off. Good luck, I will not be responding back.