My little girl is not that little anymore, she's ten years old and she's doing excellent at school. I think that this could be the right time for her to engage in some physical activity. She is very excited with that idea, she watched gymnastic competitions couple of months ago and I can tell that she is interested in that. So, what do you think about gymnastics for little girls?

To be honest, I am not that thrilled with gymnastics for little girls. I think it is okay only if it's for recreation, but competitive gymnastics is something completely different. Very hard trainings, very hard workout for 7 days a week. Strict food regime, and believe me, all of this is nothing compared to psychological pressure girls have to endure. I mean all this is maybe okay if she's older, but she's only ten.

I have been a gymnastics coach for 6 yrs. Before that I competed from the time I was six until I was about 14. I absolutely love it and it truly is my passion. However. Gymnastics is not the sport to put a little girl of that age in for her to lose weight. For her to lose weight doing gymnastics she would have to be involved in a team program and working out several times a week. That is not feasible for someone who has never done gymnastics before. If she wants to do it that's great! But not to lose weight.

I am a gymnast and have been since I was 6. I LOVE gymnastics and I think it's a really good thing to do if you want strength and coordination. Your daughter is probably a little too old to start of she wants to compete, but you are NEVER too old to start gymnastics. I think the ideal age for starting gymnastics at a young age is 6 or seven, so she is really not too young. I really think your daughter should start, because it's a really good thing to do to be healthy. Plus you probably won't have to worry about her nutrition as much, because gymnastics makes you really healthy.

So I think your daughter should totally start, just make sure she has a good coach who will push her without pressuring her, and make sure she has the right maturity to start. Otherwise, GOOD LUCK!! :-) Hope this helped!

Maybe it is hard on your body, but you definitely get very positive effects from gymnastics. The extreme training and pressure makes you strong mentally and physically. Gymnasts develop healthy bodies and valuable skills. Besides, someone just starting gymnastics will not be training 7 days a week or even be on a team yet. As they get older and better, they start training more and more. I started competitive gymnastics when I was about 5 and loved it.