Hi, my daughter is 2 years old, and I think it’s time for a potty training. I know it’s not going to be easy, so I would really use some tips about it. How can I know that my child is really ready for a potty training?

Hi, I think you will know when your child is ready for a potty training. The perfect timing is between 18 months and 3 years. If she has a regular bowel movement, stays dry for at least two hours and listens to your instructions, you can start with a potty training. Chose a potty chair that will be interesting and comfortable for your daughter, because she will accept it easier this way. Let her decorate it with stickers and sit on it when she watches cartoons. You can also read some stories to her while she’s sitting on the potty chair. If she shows resistant, don’t insist to much, and give her some time to adjust. Don’t punish her if she makes some mistakes, and reword her when she does well.