Hello guys. 

There is one thing that I would like to know. My good friends daughter has some problems with her eating plan. She is a teen girl and she believes that she is fat. She is only 17 years old and I do know the problems of the girls in that age. I mean, I had this problem myself.

Well, I don't know did I hear well when she was talking, but she told me that her daughter was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa. I want to know what is the best anorexia diet plan for anorexia nervosa?

Thank you.

Often people with anorexia will be reluctant to admit to their problem due to embarrassment about what the treatment might involve. It can also feel like they are relinquishing the control they fought so hard to obtain.

If you suspect that a close friend or family member has anorexia, it is advisable to try to get help as soon as possible. A GP will conduct an assessment and possibly refer the sufferer to a specialist care team (a care team can include a specialist counsellor, a psychologist, a psychiatrist, a dietician and a nurse). Once any psychological or physical factors have been assessed, a course of treatment can be established.

You can't really help her unless she understands that she has a problem and wants to fix it. If you are trying to make her follow a special diet, she just won't do it if she doesn't think that there's anything wrong with her, as a matter of fact, she is going to hate you for thinking that there is something wrong with her, so you should probably check that out first.

With her wanting to get better, it gets quite easy to turn this thing around as long as she has someone on her side to help her through this period.

You can't do this just with a diet. If her daughter is suffering from anorexia nervosa, she needs a lot more than just a diet.

First of all, you won't be able to make her eat even if you find the "perfect diet". She will definitely need to talk to a psychologist, and a dietitian. It is not a small thing to make a diet for someone struggling with anorexia, you need some professional help there. 

After doing these things, it all comes down to this girl. If she really wants to get better and leave this period behind, she can do it.

For an anorexic sufferer, gaining weight is an incredibly delicate process. The long periods of starvation could have caused any number of biochemical abnormalities such as deficiencies in proteins, micronutrients and fatty acids.

This usually means that specialist dietary plans must be made in order to correct the imbalances and not cause additional problems. Experts believe that weight should not be gained until these deficiencies have been corrected. Aggressive attempts to boost weight gain during the early stages of treatment could be extremely hazardous.

Any course of treatment for anorexia is usually considered within a wider psychological context. This means that emphasis will be placed on speaking with the patient and understanding their needs. A person suffering from anorexia may find the treatment challenging and upsetting.

It's hard, I'll give you that. Plus, this girl is what, 17 years old? How the hell did her parents let her get stuck with anorexia? It was their responsibility to take care of her, she isn't the one responsible for her condition, her parents are.

This requires a lot of work and it won't be easy at all, aside from depression, this is one of the hardest conditions to fight against. She needs to do this step by step but she is really going to need professional help in order to make this work. So psychologists and dietitians are the first ones to contact.

Dear Guest,

Like everyone already explained to you (as well as I did), this is not something to be treated just with a diet plan. Your friend's daughter needs a team of professionals in order to help her get better, this isn't something that she can handle herself. Since she is that young, she is definitely going to need to talk to a psychologist which isn't a bad thing at all, it is always clever for teens (who have or don't have problems) to talk to a psychologist. These people are great in making you feel better and be self aware.

Good day there folks. I am very sorry because I was not here earlier to thank you for your advice. The problem is because he is single dad and he doesn't understand his teen girl that well. But as far as I understood him, he doesn't know what she is dealing with exactly and he can see that she is having eating disorder. When he is trying to tell her about this, she starts to scream and very soon she is out of the house. I really want to help him because I can see that he is struggling very hard with that young lady. But I don't know how.
Doctor can help, right?

Good day there dear Guest. It is very hard to talk about this, since you mentioned that you don't have idea what she is dealing with exactly. Also, the huge problem is because he doesn't know what she is dealing as well. To help her, he needs to find out and maybe he should contact his doctor to find out what to do.

But generally, he needs to understand that the diet program doesn't mean that diet program is going to kill her. Also, she should never skip breakfast. That is really silly because she can only get fat because of it.

There are so many ways to help this girl but he needs to know what is going on exactly with her. 

Good day.
I agree with previous post. To understand something that can be very serious, you should talk to someone who is an expert. I understand that some people avoid to talk to the doctors because they believe that they can do something alone, but that is not quite true. Why I am telling this? Because I have been through this and I do know that help of the expert is necessary in this.
Even if you don't know what she is dealing with, here are some tips that can help him - he needs to convince his daughter to do some physical workout. Also, to feel better she needs to start some exercise plan - and I think that cardio is an excellent option. I done this, trust me. I do know what am I talking about.

The parents need to take her to the doctor ASAP to be evaluated and get a referral to a therapist, dietitian, and/or eating disorder clinic. Food is medicine for her. She needs to have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day, supervised to make sure she eats them, and supervised after meals to make sure she doesn't purge them. She will need about twice the calories as the average teen. It will make her mad, she will fight it. That's OK, it means you're winning the battle over the eating disorder. If you wait for her to "want to get better" you will watch her die. And no exercise whatsoever until she's healthier. FOOD IS MEDICINE. The parents need to act NOW. Eating disorders are serious, and deadly. 20% of anorexics DIE.