yes i had an in medical abortion on march the 26.. and i did a home preg test and it came out positive.. im i still preg.. i need to know..Code:

i did the home preg test 2 days ago that makes it 5 weeks already could i still be preg..

please help

Hi there,

Did any of you go for a follow up appointment 2 weeks after your medical abortion?? The doctor or clinic you attend should normally carry out a vaginal ultrasound scan after 2 weeks to make sure your uterus is empty and that the termination has been successful or not.
Your pregnancy test can still show positive for up to 4-6 weeks after a termination. This is because your hormones levels are still very high and it can take weeks for these hormones levels to reduce back to normal.

However, if your test is still showing positive after 5 weeks then its best to visit the doctor/ clinic and have a scan done. Or you can also request blood tests which provide a more accurate reading than the preganancy tests.

If you still having pregnancy symptoms of any kind, or still feel like your pregnant even after all these weeks then visit your doctor. After a termination these symptoms should reduce within a few weeks, especially things such a nausea, vomiting, breast swelling and tenderness, loss of apetite etc. hope this helps.

GlamSham

THANKS FOR THAT I NEEDED THAT NO I DIDNT GO UP FOR MY FOLLOW UP CAUSE I LEFT OUT OF TOWN THE NEXT DAY.. BUT I JUST GOT MY PERIOD WHAT DOES THAT MEAN THAT I'M NOT OR I CAN STILL BE PREG..