Hello I recently had an medical abortion(pill method) on November 15th & I went to my follow up a week later they did the ultrasound & said they didn't see anything basically it terminated correctly so me & my significant other feel really bad about that decision so ill be honest we have been having sex a whooooole lot like unusual for us lol but because of our activity we both thought I should take a pregnancy test & i did and it was positive...I'm just concerned as to if my hormones are still adjusting or if I'm really preggers!!!??? BTW I'm 35 with 2 children (8 & 7)

PLEASE HELP

Hi Ms,

Depending upon how far along you were when you aborted, the pregnancy test could be inaccurate.  It takes time for your hormone levels to return to normal.

Test again in a few weeks.

I was about 6-7 wks

It's early to test then.

Home tests are a qualitative test. It's basically pass or fail and it can take some time for your hcg level to drop low enough for it not to detect it.

Your doctor can do a quantitative test. This test puts an actual number on your hcg level.

With the quantitative test you'd go back in a week or so and retest. If the level drops, the abortion was successful.