How long should pregnancy hormones remain in your body after an abortion? I have a friend that had her abortion a little over 9 months ago and it looks like her body still retains water. She has a pooch in her tummy area and still breaks out in the chest area--she was only 5 weeks pregnant when she had an abortion.

The hormones are gone in 3-4 weeks.

It is likely due to changes she had made in birth control, as it can cause water retention and weight gain.

If she is concerned she can bring it up with her doctor.

It is DEFINITELY not from the abortion, or being pregnant.

I took a pregnancy test and found out i was pregnant,i was 6 weeks along.i had a medical termination and waited 3 weeks to take another home test.it was positive.so i waited another 1 week, and is still positive.i did monitor the termination and it seemed to have been successful.i cant go back to my gynae,as i feel ashamed.how long more do you think it will take for pregnancy hormones to leave my system?

just wondering if her body ever returned to normal? I'm in the same boat and need answers

i had an abortion last feb 23. and it seems successful cause i undergo to a transvaginal scan and the result says that the baby is gone. but until now im still positive. i undergo on my medical and its shows that im positive on my urine pregnancy test. though i already took a home test the second line is too fade. you can't notice it if you didn't stare on it. what should i do?