I had an abortion 3ish weeks ago. I started taking my pill again the day after and have been doing so religiously for the past couple of weeks. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex probably about 3 times about 2 weeks after the abortion. I want to take a pregnancy test but i am terrified of seeing a positive result again and since it has been only 3 weeks I know the hormones could still make it positive. Is there any other way besides an ultrasound to see if I may be pregnant again?

I would say do a pregnancy test. But buy a box that has at least two pregnancy test. Do a test now and then another one in about a week. If the second test becomes darker that the first you ere very likely pregnant again. If is lighter I'm not sure you could still have a new pregnancy. But darker is for sure. Just make sure you use the same kind of pregnancy test. One that detects the same level of pregnancy hormone preferibly same brand. Don't use a low level detection and then a high because it could be light since the measurement is higher.

I would leave it a few more weeks, pregnancy hormones stayed in my system for over a month after my termination, you could go to the docs to have a blood test done, they'd want you to go back a week or so later to see if the hcg levels had dropped.