After having an abortion is it possible that you could still be pregnant.

I am very sure that surgical abortion is effective, but of course, there is that 1 or 2 percent of the chance that you still might be pregnant. Anyway, I respect the choice of everybody, it is your body, and you can do with it whatever you want, but why don't you use that magical morning after pill when you have this "accident" with condom or cumming? It is the easiest way and you don't have to torture your body with an abortion. To be sure, take a pregnancy test, visit your gynecologist and please, don't do anything on your own hand! 

You are fertile right after an abortion, because fertility returns VERY QUICKLY, but surgical aboriton is 99% effective, so it would be rare to still be pregnant.

A preg test will stay pregnanct for about 3-4 weeks after an abortion.

i am wondering the same thing...i had an abortion about 3 weeks ago and i keep feeling the same sort of movement inside like im still preg. im wondering if this is possible

It is possible to remain pregnant after abortion (in my case I had a medical termination/ taking a set tablets to stop the pregnancy continuing and then taking a further set of tablets to expel the fetus) this happened to me recently.

This procedure failed with me twice, I had 2 failed medical terminations, only to be told last week at my check up that there was still a heart beat.

Part of my reason for choosing to have a medical termination was due to the fact I have recently been diagnosed with fibroids, endometriosis also my womb is tilted, all these issues I have been told may in future cause me fertility. I chose to have a medical termination because I was scared and this way was less invasive on my womb.

On my next visit to the clinic in the end I had to have a surgical termination, By this time I was distraught and wanted to keep my baby as I had grown attached however these tablets were very toxic to my baby and I was advised to continue with termination for a 3rd time. I now have to pick up the pieces of my life and carry on.

Three terminations to end One pregnancy.

I just wanted to say it can happen :'(

It is possible to remain pregnant after abortion (in my case I had a medical termination/ taking a set tablets to stop the pregnancy continuing and taking a further set of tablets to expell the fetus) this happened to me recently.

Part of my reason for choosing to have a medical termination was due to the fact I have recently been diagnosed with fibroids, endometriosis also my womb is tilted, all these issues I have been told may in future cause me fertility I chose to have a medical termination because I was scared and this way was less invasive on my womb.

I just wanted to say it can happen :'(

I don't think so

sftbllgrlsf wrote:

I don't think so

Neither did I, till it actually happened to me, but if you research it for yourself hun, you will find it is possible. Not all medical procedures are 100%.

There is a 2%-3% failure rate in medical terminations this percentage is very small however I can assure it is possible.

Not very common but possible.

But I see you obviously decided to leave a comment to my thread before researching this for yourself.

You are entitled to your opinion, I posted on here to tell of my personal experience , not to scare people or make up stories.

yes it is possible, it happened to me.

in janurary of 2010 i went to the clinic to have an abortion at 6weeks prego & never went back to my follow up visit, thinking that a surgical abortion with anastesia would never fail me.

as the weeks went by my body became ill, i thought that i had a bad stomach virus or something..my sister sugested that i retake a pregnancy test just to rule out the possibility of being pregnant and my results were positive.

so i scheduled to have another abortion to day march4th 2010 and it was at 11am today that i found out that i was now 14 weeks progo:( what a boomer, i cried my hart out and thought how can this be when i just paid 250.00 for an aboution 8 weeks ago.

the MD explaind to me that it is possible for doctor to miss the sac, that is why it is important to return for your two week followup visit. and that this is more of a risk for overweighted women or women whom had a previous seasection.

not only have i lost out on the cash that i spent the fist time($250.00), now i have to pay an even greater price ($500.00) for an abortion now because i am further along in my pregnancy.

:( :( it is possibel never in a million years did i think it would happen to three weeks ago i had an tremantion of pregancy to find out am still preagant what do i do was my unborn fites afected by my last termntion or what happen ill find out on my doc. visit

I am curious of this myself cuz I had to have an abortion back in April due to having a very aggressive form of cancer and my dr told me if I try to carry the baby, it would likely k ill me. I had to make the choice to do it for my children that are already here and NEED me to be here for them. The last week-week and a half I have been feeling these very strong kick like movements in my stomach and as I sit here now, I feel weird feelings in my stomach. I hadnt gained any weight up until probably 2 weeks ago, then I feel like all the sudden I got bigger lovehandles, my stomach got bigger, etc. Ive watch the show I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant and its stressing me out. I had sex 1 time since my abortion in April and was as cautious and careful as I could be. I was rushed to the hospital for problems and they were going to run tests on me but needed to make sure I wasnt pregnant first. I gave them a urine sample. They came back in saying it came bk positive. I then had to reschedule another abortion. I went to the office, they said the baby seemed like it wasnt growing like it should anyway and did the procedure cuz I had to. I missed my 2 weeks check up due to not having a vehicle and no ride. Then I started feeling this way. IDK what to do except pray! :-( :'(

i swear im feeling light movements, had an abortion last wednesday, i was 11w 2d when it was done so now i would be 12w and 2d this would be 3rd pregnancy i do have 2 babys so i know the butterfly feeling and movements..should i be worried?

They do ask if your ready first. It was your choice to proceed.

i just had one aout two weeks ago and i still feel bubbles like flutters in my stomach what is it

I had a medicaded abortion Feb 28th 2014 I was 8weeks along. I passed it at home. I never went to get a follow up blood test because I was busy, instead I got myself a urine test. The test was negative and I had my period for March. I tried my best to put it in the back of my head and carry on being the best single mother I can be for my 2.5 year old son. I haven't had sex since.. and nearly forgot about it until I started feeling these heartbreaking flutters and movements.. at first I assumed it was gas... then my subconscious got ahold of me, researching, scaring myself at any possibility of still carrying the fetus. I got myself another urine test (05/05/14) which was also negative but I keep feeling these movements. I can't sleep, I can barely eat. Depressed and guilty does not even begin to cover it. I would hate to say reading these similar stories makes me feel better, because it doesn't, but I do know I am not alone. It is extremely rare to continue a pregnancy after an abortion quit stressing yourself out, get off of the internet and set yourself a doctor appointment. I call them guilt kicks. You're most likely over thinking. Try to pick up the pieces, move on. If you're situation was anything like mine stop giving yourself to the wrong people. Not all men are pieces of sh*t but the good ones wont want you once you've given everything to anyone else who happens to say the right things. My mother always compared what a woman had to bubblegum. No one is going to want a used, flavorless wad. Take care of yourself and despite what you had to do for yourself and your future I am sure you are all lovely. Please do not use abortion or plan b as birth control because it is not. It takes a tole on your reproductive organs and on your soul for that fact. Be safe, ladies. Hope this helps some.