I had an abortion 2 1/2 weeks ago...my husband and I had intercourse 10 days after the abortion, he did not ejaculate inside me.  I started to feel nauseous and had breast tenderness 4 days after having intercourse...It has been 7 days since we had intercourse and the symptoms come and go.  How likely is it that i am pregnant again and if so, how safe is it to have another termination this close to the other one?

Hi Annie,

Was this a medical or surgical abortion?  Did you have a follow up about 2 weeks later?

It could be a result of hormones.  It's not impossible that you are pregnant but if he did not ejaculate, it is unlikely.

I'd suggest you contact your doctor.

It was a surgical abortion, I have my follow-up this Friday, at 3 weeks.  Will they be able to tell if I am pregnant again, or is it possible that their is tissue remaining from the previous procedure. Is it possible that I am ovualting and the hormone surges from this combined with any remaining hormones from the pregnancy are cuasing me to feel this way.  The nausea has preety much gone away, but the breast tenderness is still their and I just don't feel myself at all.  Thanks for your feedback.

It very well could be a result of hormones.

Your doctor should be able to detect signs of either pregnancy or any remaining tissue.  Just be sure to let him know as to how you are feeling.

Good luck.