IT HAS BEEN 9 WEEKS SINCE I HAD AN ABORTION AND I STILL HAVE NOT HAD MY CYCLE. I TOOK TOO OVER THE COUNTER PREG TEST AND BOTH SHOWED NEGATIVE RESULTS. I ALSO I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX AFTER SHORTLY AFTER ABORTION. WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF NO PERIOD AND IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I'M NOT PREGNANT....
NORMALLY IT SHOULD BE 4-8 WEEKS SO I'M WORRIED.

I am in the same situation....Its been 9 weeks since mine, and still no cycle..have you gotten any advice on this?

I am in the same situation, in fact I ahve an appointment with my ob/gyn in another week to see what might be the problem. However, doing some research on the topic, I understand that 10 weeks may be normal to not have your cycle come on yet.

hi there

Mine has been missing for 10 weeks today. No bleeding after the procedure at all. Is it normal still to have not had a period?

i had a abortion on august 13 2008 got my period two days later for about a week but this month i still havnt gotten my period and i took two pregency tests and both came out negative i also started birth control (nuvaring) i had put it in but a day later i took it out do to extreme headaches is it normal not to get your period after an abortion and should i be worried

I MYSELF HAVE HAD AN ABORTION AND MY CYCLE WAS NOTHING LIKE WHAT WAS EXPLAINED TO ME. IT WAS SAID I WOULD BLEED ANYWHERE FROM THE AMOUNT OF DAYS FOR MY NORMAL CYCLE UP TO 3 WEEKS. WELL NOTHING YET . I GOT WORRIED BECAUSE I WAS ALSO FEELING THE MORNING SICKNESS, STARTED TO WONDER IF EVERYTHING WENT WELL WITH THE PROCEDURE. MADE A CALL TO A FEW DOCTORS WHICH EVERY ANSWER WAS DIFFERENT BUT THE JUST OF IT IS THAT YOUR BODY IS NOT LIKE ANY OTHER ANY YOUR BODY HAS TO ADJUST TO THESE CHANGED. UNDERSTAND YOU JUST PLAYED A BIG MIND GAME WITH YOUR BELLY AND IT HAS TO UNCONFUSE ITSELF AND GET BACK ON TRACK, YOU WERE JUST PREG AND POOF NOW YOUR NOT. SO ITS ALSO JUST LIKE BIRTH CONTROL, SOME OF THEM TAKE YOUR CYCLE AWAY FOR A FEW MONTHS BECAUSE YOU BODY IS ADJUSTING SOME DON'T. SO IM GOING TO RELAK BECAUSE I KNOW MY BODY IS NOT INFECTED AND IM NOT PREGNANT, SO IM NOT PUSHING THE CYCLE THING ANYMORE.

i had had an abortion done on 12-27-08 its now 2-7-09 and i stilll havent had a period yet...after my abortion tho i bled for 2 weeks.

is this normal?

I had an abortion on 2-12-09, my friend had one and she said that it took her 3 months after. I also called the clinic where I had the procedure done and they said it is normal, not to have you menstrual right away. your body is getting back on track. Dont worry it will all work out

yes i am on the same situation guys i am so relief that i am not the only suffering in this kind of mind buggling situation i had a medical abortion december 13,2008 and bled for 6 days stopped then resumer on december 27 i had a sonogram at the same date too that makes me sure that there is no debris left

but what makes me worried now is that i still havent got my period back yet until now march 14,,

that makes 10 weeks with out cycle yet and i am so nervous is this normal ? please send me updates with u guys

I had an abortion on June 25th, 2010. it is not October 4th 2010. I haven't got my my period at all. Not even after the procedure. i Did suction. SO i went to the doctor about a week ago. made me wait 4 hours to see him for 5 minutes. He said that what he believes happened was that. the lining of my uterus was scrapped off and i have to wait till it comes back. that why i haven't got my period. i told him i didn't do the scrapping. i did suction but he insisted that's what wrong. he didn't even check me or anything. i just sat in a seat and he assumed. I got so mad. He was suppose to have done an appointment for me to do something. I forgot whats it;s called. but what they do it they put some type of liquid into your cervix and then they do an x-ray and they look inside the uterus and see if there's a problem. so he sent me to the nurse so she can make the appointment for me. The she tells me that I have to call and make an appointment myself the same day I get my period. I wanted to just snuff her. I told her how when I'm doing this because I haven't had my period in 3 in a half months and you're telling me that I have to call myself. AFTER i get my period. Hello like didn't I just tell you. I haven't had my period and I have a negative result on a pregnancy test. So I just called to make an appointment with a different hospital. I want another opinion. somewhere where they will check me and actually tell me something right. not what they assume. when I see the doctor I will come back here and let you know what they have told me. so I can let you females know what might be wrong with you guys. ;-)

Can i just say your wrong that we are s**m. first learn to spell featus second, that baby feels nothing. i think you would know this if youve had and abortion... but im guessing you havent. the baby is no bigger than a grain of rice at the time of most abortions. not even a heart or brain yet. i think you should check your facts, because you are very wrong. and have you ever been in a situation where aborion is the best option??? probably not. and yeah, why dont you make us all infertille because maybe someone didnt choose to have sex, yeah, maybe someone was rapped. would you want the child of your rapist to be a constant reminder of the rape??? again, i didnt think so. maybe you should just keep your mouth shut!!! but if not, ill be glad to contradict you next time.

Now for everyone else. Sorry, but people like that drive me crazy, not knowing what we have been through!!! well i had my abortion at the end of july 2010. one bit of bleeding 2 days after for like an hour. now 10/11/10. no bleeding still. not sure what to do....

to the guest who believes we who have had abortions should die a painful death you should be ashamed of yourself, i had to have a termination at 7 weeks as i was very sick (i have graves disease, and hemochromatosis) and i planned on keeping this baby which would have been my 3rd child, but due to the fact that i could not physically function i had to.
I died painfully when i went in and have been dead inside since but i also have had complications after and came on here looking for help and for answers as did these ladies who im sure have there own heart breaking stories to, lets be real clear the fetus not (phoetus) does not start growing nerve endings til after 8 weeks and does not start to feel pain til after 12 weeks, so i myself do not agree with abortion after that time but i also would not pass judgement on those women as it is not my business. your obviously trying to inflict pain by your brutal comment but believe me when i say you cant hurt us anymore than we already do, my wish is that perhaps someday you would be faced with the exact same choice and feel the pain we feel. YOU DISGUST ME.

Did you know Mental/hormonal cases can be the reason too? I can't let myself have a child anytime soon because I'm so sensitive to hormonal changes I think I would go crazy and hurt someone or myself. Unhealthy bodies, mental health, financial state, rape...they should all be reasons to have and abortion. It is a woman's right to choose and choice is what makes us human. In other countries they do not allow this, and i'm Thankful we live in a place where you can believe what you want and do what you want. I believe it's important to be able choose because that is what sets man from ape. The fact that you push your specific believe system on to others is barbaric, illogical, and contradictory. I have faith myself but I believe in abortion, it is possible because that sort of thing is up to an individual's interpretation of their chosen faith.

Now that is out of the way...
I had mine so early idk what to expect, I was haveing inplantation bleeding the day I went in (4-5 weeks) so I know that thing was not a "life" as I would define it and I barely bled.
It was done a little over a month ago...still no true period just dark spotting sometimes...but it can take anywhere between 6-24 months for your cycle to regulate...and maybe as far as 3 months after to get a period, especially if they give you a pack of birth control. Those can mess with it too, could be ANOTHER month before I see my true period again...? Also i'm sure i'm not still pregnant but nausea does hit me from time to time, but I also know that when i'm stressed or hormonally messed up (been on and off Birth control for awhile) I tend to not eat, or not eat right...witch can cause delays or skipped. I still haven't eaten yet today and it's 4pm...I may try to shove something down but I just hate food right now.
anyone elts have these issues?
also I know i'm not because I haven't done anything and every other symptom except for occasional cramping and dark blood clots occasionally but that could be a sign that my period is coming in a week or so *crosses fingers*

also there are other ways that told me I was pregnant before a test...besides the discomfort; my pets would not leave me alone! 2 cats+dog got very lovey and protective of me, so if you have animals and are not sure if you had a successful one, pay attention to that. It sounds crazy but they know. They can smell your pheromones and sense your mood-swings...they acted the same way for another week while I made sure I recovered...it's just odd but interesting at the same time. (I've heard of dogs protecting women who are pregnant and never leaving there side)
I could just have a weird connection with them, who knows.

I don't understand how people who are 'against abortions' are even on sites like this..? If you are just here to trash talk these ladies I have some advice for you, get a life!
Some people may not be able to concieve and some people are unable to continue to carry a baby and thier only choice is abortion. I myself have had an abortion and I have my reasons why, they are not for you to know. The procedure was done 5 weeks ago and I still haven't had my period, apparently it is normal according to the above posts. I have found my answer, which is 4-8 weeks.
Thank you to all.

To those that are so righteous and always have an opinion about abortion: You believe in pro-life? So what have you actually done to help your cause? Have you adopted a child? Not a baby because, lets face it, everybody wants a baby. But a real live actual child? There are millions of children in the foster care system that need a home. Children that were already birthed and are walking here on earth. How could a mother ever feel right about giving her baby away when there are so many questionables. As to how the baby will end up and if a pedophile is adopting your baby. Point being, go out and do some actual good instead of running your mouth and hiding behind your hard drive.