I had a abortion on June 12 and started the nuva ring on June 18 and had unprotected sex on June 23rd I went back to the Doctor on July 3rd for follow up and took urine test which came out negative but the blood test came back positive and I havent received a real period but hust spotting...could I be pregnant

Hi..

A pregnancy test can be positive after an abortion for up to 4 weeks, I have had an abortion and my test was + for 3 weeks after my abortion. I also work in a nice private clinic as well =)

Blood tests generally are more sensitive than a urine test, so it is highly possible that your hormone levels are so low that only a blood test would have picked them up. After an abortion your HCG pregnancy hormone falls,and it is probably so low now that only the blood test would have picked it up.

You have been using Nuva Ring, so your chances of becoming pregnant are very slim, but not 100%

I would not worry just yet, because many women have a positive test for up to 3-4 weeks after an abortion, but still keep an eye on your health =)

So, when do you think i should expect a real period...and if I dont should i be worried..thanks for 1st response

Most women have a real period about 5-8 weeks after an abortion, although if you are on Nouva ring you should get a period during the ring-free week =)

I had taken out the nuvaring ..and during the ring free week >>I had only spotted for 3 days and nothing since %-)

Periods 2 weeks too late! Could I be pregnant?