i had a medical abortion and the ultrasound i had afterwards was negative. after that i had unprotected sex twice. now, four weeks later i have a positive home pregnancy test. would that test be completely accurate?

You could be pregnant again..

You have to understand that preg tests after an aboriton can show positive for 4 weeks.

IT is nor reccomended to get pregannt so soon after an abortion, your body needs a few cycles to heal itself.

its been 5weeks now i took another home pregnancy and it also came back positive am i pregnant

YES, you could be pregnant again.

See a doctor, or go back to the clinic ASAP.

its 6 weeks now an the home pregnancy test still says positive or is it just picking up hormones from the last pregnancy?

It probably is pregnancy, you need to see a doctor.

i have 3 positive pregnancy test and today i now have 2 negitive pregnancy test what is going on here?

Perhaps the pregnancy hormones have finally gone away.

They are excreted in urine, you know.

so i'm not preganat and it was just the hormon levels still in my body becuse people said they only last for 4wks, so they can stay longer than 4wks? i just want to know wether i'm pregnant or not. i'm really glad i can talk to you guys i don't really know what is going on, thank you

I have seen hormones stay as long as 5 weeks, but MOST women have them gone by 3-4 weeks.

The human body is a funny thing you know. Have you considered a check up just in case??

ya i did but just can't seem to bring my self back to that place, i'm kind of scared of it. its a good place but just bad memories. thanks i was just wanted to know what was going on.

hi i had unprotected sex a week after my abortion but he pulled out . The bleeding is suppose to last 2 weeks from what the clinic told me but it's been 3 weeks and i'm still bleeding. does anyone know what is going on???

i had a medication abortion this past friday/saturday and am scheduled to go back to the clinic for an ultrasound in about two weeks.

for peace of mind, i took a home pregnancy test this morning and am freaking out because the result was still positive.

but after reading some of the other posts, i feel a little better, knowing that the pregnancy hormones could still be in my body and may for up to a month after the abortion. thanks for the advice and best of luck to you all.

i myself had a medication abortion this past friday/saturday and am scheduled to go back to the clinic for an ultrasound in about two weeks.

for peace of mind, i took a home pregnancy test today and the results were still positive. i was freaking out, realizing that a small percent of these abortions are not effective, but after reading some other posts about the the pregnancy hormones remaining in your body for up to a month after the abortion, i feel a lot better.

thanks for the advice and best of luck to you all.

I have had 4 early miscarriages, and after the last one at 6 weeks in december, it took 12 weeks to stop showing positive pregnancy tests and for my period to finally come back.