I am an egg donor for a local fertilization clinic and I have become pregnant just weeks after a recipient has accepted me! I am having an abortion in a couple of days, and I don't want the donor clinic to find out. What can I expect them to do when I finally contact them with my first period? Will they know I have had an abortion by looking through a sonogram, or will I test positive on blood/urine tests?? What will my hormone levels look like just after an abortion and can I still be a donor??

i was just curious as to what happened with your cycle? Did they still accept you? I'm going through this same exact issue right now...if you get this please respond. Thanks

I am in the exact same situation... What did you do??

...so am i

I came to this forum looking for help regarding my situation but didn’t see any replies about previous experiences so I wanted to share mine.

I have been an egg donor for over a year and love helping families in their process. Unexpectedly I become pregnant (my fertility window was delayed due to excessive stress with work) which didn’t cross my mind until I was two weeks late for my period getting negative pregnancy tests. Two weeks later, I’m pregnant. On April Fools Day.
We want kids, but are no where near financially or individually ready to make that commitment. Ultimately we decided on aborting the pregnancy, which is always a hard decision especially since I help other mother’s have a baby by donating my ovum. Made me rethink if my decision was a respectable one. The abortion was surprisingly painful with the shots. Nothing in my adult life could have prepared me for the pain, cramping, and blood that I saw. The nurses were the best part though as they were incredibly helpful and supportive.
Not even a week later my agency calls me to ask if I am available to match with a recipient for another cycle. I called the abortion clinic I went to and spoke with my nurse: Because the HCG hormone is still in your blood, you will get positive readings on pregnancy tests and blood tests when you start your donation process. They say you need to wait at least 4 weeks before STARTING your donation cycle, but that you should be good after that. Take your antibiotic so you don’t get an infection, Evening Primrose Oil is a natural hormone regulator, which with a little exercise and lots of water, you may be able to help the regulating process in your body. Just my experience with things that helped me, but always consult with a nurse, like the one at your abortion clinic. Best of luck to all of you
XOXO