I had Laminectomy, Double discectomy in 1980. Two year later the disks had grown back. I then got offered a treatment consisting of injections of "Kemopapain" directly into the 2 regrown disks. I was TOLD it was an enzime out of the papya plant and that it would disolve the the disk and do no harm. They claimed it was 95% sucess rate! Yea, right, more like a 5% sucess rate and 95% failure rate. I did not work! I am now trying to find out more information about it. I'm sure my spelling is not correct but was wondering if anyone could help me.

Cheers Sandy W

This procedure is still being preformed in other countries with a good success rate. I also had this procedure in the mid 80's. I fortunately had great results and have not had any other back surgeries. I do have L4 out and my surgeon wants to operate. I continue to strengthen my core and preform my rehab exercises and try to remain off the cutting table.If you preform a search with the correct spelling you should find a plethora of information. I hope this helps, good luck!

I had kemopapain done by Lyman Smith in Elgin Ill. in 1969. I was subject 298. It was experiment. Was it a success? I cannot confirm this. For two decades I had periodic back "attacks". In the past two decades I see a chropractor every month, and have no back ailments.
John Peters