I had my last period started on November 25th and recently got what I thought was my period December 17th, even though it wasn't due until Dec. 28th. My period started out very light the first day with just brown blood, then it was red and brown blood the 2nd day, and it was gone by the third (usually they last at least four days). I had slight cramping, but it felt different than it normally does and I still have slight cramping now even though my "period" is over. I also have tender breasts and sore nipples, headaches, nausea (but only in the afternoon and at night), and feel very bloated. I know there is a possibility of pregnancy because I had unprotected sex several times this month. I'm going to the gyno in the beginning of January, but I'm afraid to drink on New Year's eve in case I'm pregnant. What do you think the odds are? Do you think I should take a test, and if so, when can I take it?

I would suggest you try to take a pregnancy test such as Clearblue +/- which tests at 25 mlU. (ClearBlue Easy I think tests at 50 mlU). I have heard of other women having a light period in the first month or two and be pregnant. This sounds a little similiar to my situation. My last period was November 24, 2006. Then I thought I was getting a period on Dec. 20th but it was a light bleed that lasted for 30 hours and had a little red but also a lot of brown & pink blood. I always bleed for 4 straight days, never fails. I took an over the counter pregnancy test but negative. I just went in today on Dec. 29th for a quantitative blood pregnancy test and I'll find out on January 2, 2007 if I am. I have had nausea for 3 weeks straight, since my husband & I had sex during ovulation. My breasts feel full and I have small headaches that go away when I take Tylenol. I also feel bloated at times. I did go to a medical doctor (in my supposed 3rd week of pregnancy) as I was nauseous. He thought I had a bacterial bug in my stomach and gave me an antibiotic which I took for 14 days. Well, 3 weeks straight of nausea that is now increasing in intensity. I estimate if I am pregnant, I would be 5 weeks now. When I was pregnant the 1st time (now have 3 yr old girl), only spotting and I had two negative home pregnancy tests until I went to the doctor when I was after 5 weeks pregnant and I finallly tested positive on their test - the doctor told me it was a very faint line but definitely positive. Here's a link to check out regarding light periods and being pregnant - http://www.birth.com.au/class.asp?class=66&page=6#period.

;-)
Well I have surgery in dec. 21 st donot remember having a period afterwards ...now its Jan 31st I came on my period 28 spotting, then on 29th brownish/reddish blood and 30th NO blood at all and today I'm spotting again . I took 1 test before any spotting. Am I pregnant? should I take another test? My husband and I have really sexually active.

I know this is an old post ...

So Im not sure when i ovulated this month but 2 weeks before my period was due I started to spot. It was very light and lasted 7 days once a day. I started to notice at first that I was extremely hungry all the time, yet my body never looked better. Soon my breasts felt very sore, but nothing abnormal(normal PMS) and I found myself freezing all the time, almost like a fever and my skin looks amazing. A couple of days ago my husband and I ate Pizza out and as we were walking back to the car I suddenly vomited, it was only a tiny bit but I had no nausea, it was more like heart burn but this has never happened to me before. Today my period was due and I have been cramping, yet oddly no bloating, but I've only been spotting all day, but not enough to wear protection. Its just been so weird, I would love it if I was pregnant but I don't want to get my hopes up. Im trying to decide wether to take a test tomorrow morning or just wait till I completely miss my period. ....p.s my puppy has been extremely cuddly lately and has actually been listening to me..If Im not pregnant Ill be sure to check myself into a mental hospital!
p.p.s I have been taking Maca Root( regulates hormones naturally and increases Progesterone) for the past couple years so low progesterone is impossible!!!..yet I recommend it for everyone it does wonders for fertility too!! ;-)

oh..And Ive been really turned on, can't sleep at night, itchy and bitchy..could be PMS but I wanted to strangle everyone at work and school today :-( But my Husband oddly hasn't gotten on my nerves Ive just been extremely turned on!! :-)

When is aunt flow due to turn up on you door step?

yesterday...which is when I started spotting again. This morning I took a test that came out negative and I am still spotting. Maybe it's too early to tell but my mothers home tests always came out negative, maybe I have genetically low pregnant hormones? It's Driving me crazy, I'll wait another week and test again.

Yess if you only have spotting .. is it enough to soak though a Pad or a Linner? or it don't touch the sides

Yes you just could not producing the hormone yet to be pick up in your urine wait a week after spotting stops i know it is harder that it sounds but you will get the result you are looking for if it is still a neg. make and appointment with you health care provider and tells/he what has been going on as they will be able to help you a lot more

Mine Is A bit alike I started spotting on the 20th january 2011 an carried on until 22nd jan an started to bleed a bit heavir
only a bit not enough to fill half a pad just a bit on top of my tampon an its red an brown an getting worried dont
know whether to take a test or not its looks too light to be a period and now its 24th jan an still bleeding i am very worryed
please help me im 21 an i am very sexual active with my fiance

Stacey, I am doing the same thing and also having weird feelings in my left side and it really feels like bubbles or butterflies. I had a slight period for a few days too, just enough to cover the tip of my tampon, but I was a few days late. I just keep getting weird feelings in the upper part of my abdomen. I don't know what's going on.

Hey!
Stacey and Nikki

My bf and i have been trying to conceive for the last 2 months and I am also having the same feelings and symptoms, I started spotting on my expected period start date, and i usually have a normal heavy 6 day period, however this time its was 3 days and very light, redish brown. Im also so bloated it look as though ive already gained 10 lbs, i have gas and im uncomfortabley bloated and i go from (FMI) constipated to having to go ASAP... I am trying to figure out when i should take a pregnancy test...my breasts arent unbareably sore, and im not peeing a ton.. so maybe it is my period?? i hope not :-(

AND ive have the worst cravings lately!!Im usually very healthy but i have no appetite for healthy foods, and i just crave fast food which I NEVER EAT or have ever found appealing..

Hi everyone,

I am 31 years old. My periods are regular and i am not trying to concieve.

Me and my husband have been using the pull out method for 4 years 8-|

My period came 2 days late on the 29/1/11. It was a very strange period, very light flow to begin with brown then light red and heavy and lasted only 2 days. 9 days after my 'weird period' had finished my breasts became really tender and itchy again and this has continued( i normally get tender breast just before period but never this early).

I have had 2 children so i know this is a common symptom of pregnancy. I done a HPT on 9/02/2011 this was negative. However my breasts continue to be very sore and my body just feels pregnant i feel like i am going crazy :'( Could there be any other explaination for this or could i be pregnant? Has anyone had a similar experience? Please help!

I feel the exact same, I have been on birth control for a few years but last month i missed 4 pills in a row and then guiltily took them all in one, for the past couple of weeks I have been feel sick and dizzy and getting really bad hot flushes, my boobs went up half a cup over night and I am urinating very frequently, I am also getting headaches. I did a test just before I was due because I was paranoid but it was negative, I come on my period this morning but is the most lightest watery period i have ever had, mine a ridiculously painful and heavy and thick and this barely stains the tampon. I am really worried, what is likelihood that I'm pregnant?

Hi i had unprotected sec on the 26th and started spotting on the 6th of may and then again around the 16th of may. i then had unprotected sex on the 28th of may and started a veryyyyy light period on the 5th. i am not on birth control. Is this a sign of pregnancy??