Hi, I am very worried about my son. He is sixteen years old and I worry he might be taking some kind of drug. He is acting really strange. I have heard that there is a hair test that can detect drugs. How accurate is this test? I am really desperate!

Hi, I can understand your concerns, I was in your situation few years back. My son was also in his teenage years and I guess me and my husband were not really prepared for this situation. We were fighting with our boy constantly because he was behaving very strange. It was the school psychologist who opened our eyes. And even then we were not convinced our son could be taking drugs. The hair test really helped us. I have a friend who is a pharmacist and she explained how this test works. First of all, it will enable you to have evidence when you talk to your son about this. He will be aware you know he has a problem and will not be able to deny it. It is a very accurate test. Hair test can tell you if your son has used drugs in the last few months. Because the hair grows very fast everything you put in your body can be detected in it. So if the test shows that your son is taking drugs then you can be very certain your son is in great danger. Talk to him as soon as possible and make him seek professional help. This is what we have done with our son. It was a painful experience, but at the end we managed to pull through. Good luck!