My eighteen year old son has been experiencing weight loss (about 30 pounds) over the past few months without a decrease in appetite. He has loss of hair and sweating has increased, also anxiety, which he has never had before. About three months ago he started having pain all over his body and is very fatigued. After another month the pain in his left leg became worse and he is walking with a crutch because putting pressure on it makes the pain to severe. He has spent more than a week in one of the top hospitals in the country where they have run all kinds of test and still no answers. I am putting this out there hoping that somebody else has experienced something similar and can give us some insight.
Thank you, we are desperately seeking answers.

If I were you, I'd make him go to the doctor!!
These symptoms sound like something serious..
Is he sexually active?

or maybe his body is just undergoing some changes. I mean, he's still 18.

did you ever get any answers....I am having the same symptoms.

Has he had his thyroid checked (blood test)? All the symptoms you described could be that, including anxiety and hair loss. If he has and that was ruled out, then keep on ruling things out. It is the only way to find out what it is...by what it isn't. Also, some things just can't be found out by a blood test or an xray, such as Fibromyalgia, which seem to be many of the things that you describe your son to have, especially overall pain and fatigue. When you live through this kind of situation, it can get very stressful. Maybe your son has sciatica. This is a back problem. The sciatic nerve gets pressure put on it, or gets inflammed, either from a disc in the back being bulged out and pushing on the nerve, or the disc rupturing and doing the same. Either way, the pain is not felt in the back so much as in the leg (usually one leg, not both). Physiotherapists can be very helpful, giving him exercises to relieve the pain. They can also diagnose these problems. I have had both FM and sciatica and sure sounds familiar, but no test ever shows these things.......a rhuemetologist, a physiotherapist, tests to rule other things out.