Hi, I assume that my 16 year old son is taking something. He is acting very strange lately, being confused, depressed and then suddenly aggressive and mad at everyone. How can I be sure if he is drug abuser?

Hi, mothers are always worried for their children. It would be the best to ask him, but if you fear he wouldn’t tell you the true, then you should follow him or his friends. You can also search help of private detective to find out what is your son doing in his free time. Children in teenage years are susceptible to influence of elder friends. So, you should take care who is your son seeing and who are his friends. Also, get informed how easy it is for children in your neighborhood to find drugs.

: :-D hold your head up. As a formal teenage drug user, the best thing you can do is not acuse him right to his face. He will fly off of the handle. I would just let him know that you love him and have seen some changes in his personality. Keep in mind that he is in high school and the new people he is around can influence the way he talks, walks, acts, and you can become the enemy. I started hating my parents when i found friends that were "cool". Just ask him, if he says no, try to ask him why he is so angry. A child needs to trust their parents and i didn't because i thought they would be disappointed in who i was, because i was doing drugs. My son is 18 months and i dread him becoming a teen. I was so bad as a kid. i hope that anything i have said can help.

The massive change of mood is not atypical for teens so I hope that you realize that it doesn't necessarily mean that he is using drugs or something like that being on the lookout for stuff like that is really smart. Do you talk to your son frequently? I think it might be a good idea to talk to him frequently if you can because it is proven that parents who talk to their kids often will have a better reaction from them and they're less likely to use drugs than kids who don't have that. What do you think?