My wife just had a baby a week ago. Since then she has been having some pain and numbness in her hands. Sometimes the pain shoots up her arm as well. Sometmes it is tingely like she hit her funny bone but it does not go away. She is in her 8th day after having the baby and its the worse than it has ever been.

There are a couple of things that could be going on with her! BUT I am VERY concerned because this has happened since she gave birth! I would really like you to have her get checked out by a doctor ASAP! As when a woman has gone through child birth and throughout her pregnancy she CAN have subsequent blood clots!!! I don't know if this is what is going on with her - as I stated there are so many reasons for the numbness and tingling, such as pinched nerves, tension in the neck etc. BUT I REALLY want her to have a good check up OK? And please don't wait for the 2 week check up! And please let me know how things are going OK? Good luck and health to all 3 of you!