Hi. For some reasons I am getting little air bubbles in my hands, on the palms. My skin is not dry and sometimes it peels off. No matter what I`ve tried, I can`t get rid of the bubbles. I`ve tried cream and diffrent soaps, but nothing is working. And just recently it`s starting on my fingers. What`s going on, and how can I get rid of it?

Most commonly bubbles on the hands and fingers are due to a type of hand dermatitis, called dyshydrotic eczema.  The bubbles are usually described as tapioca pudding in appearance.  They can be asymptomatic or be itchy or tender.

Alternatively, these bubbles can also be a fungal infection or psoriasis.  An evaluation by a dermatologist, including a scraping of the skin for staining with KOH to look for fungi, needs to be done prior to treatment.

Dyshidrotic eczema is treated with topical steroids, emollients and avoidance of irritants.  Just to add, if the bubbles are due to a fungal infection, treating them with topical steroid preparations will make the rash worse.  Using a fragrance-free, dye-free cream made for sensitive skin, a mild soap while bathing or washing hands, avoiding hot water, wearing rubber gloves with cotton liners inside when doing housework, and avoding hand sanitizers will also help hand eczema.

For more information on eczema, please look at:

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

I have the same problem. I have psoriasis severely on my hands and the bubbles seem to appear when its reaslly bad. i have found a type of lotion thats is supposed to help but its difficult for it to heal when you constantly have to use your hands. And where do i find these gloves?

when i wash my hands after going to the toilet I get a soap/air bubble appear but then the bubble burts ?does this mean I have washed my hands properly still does the bubble matter?

Hi there Heres what i know about the palm situation!,...Im for sure that you are getting dermatitis,......ie....dyshydrotic eczema. I know it was stated in the paragraph of Dr emily....heyyyy Hoo...shes a doctor...shes on point...right!!! Knowing what it is ...is one thing.. knowing how to get rid of it is another! Soooo heres my wacky non medical advice! You can try it or throw it in the garbage with the rest of trash people dispense. But one thing for sure if anything else worked you wouldnt be asking for help!....right?....right! Ok quickly ill say this ive had the symptoms since i was a kid and the doc said the exact same thing as doctor Emily. They tried steroids creams along with 20 other long naming around creams and oil based medication that i cant pronounce since i was 13,....nothing worked...ever! Now i only get it on my palms,....but it gets bad believe me! I thought about chopping off the hands then i wouldnt have the problem,...but because im so smart i figured i have more issues if i only had stumps at the end of my arms so i made a good decision to forego the chopping! Soo...when i turned 17 i started lifting weights by the time i was mid 20s i started doing shows so i was pretty serious about it. I know this is long winded but im coming up with the summation bare with me. Im now 43 so ive been dealing with this forever! What ive noticed through out the years is when i was lifting weights it completely went away! Completely! So picking up dumbells up and down and if you ever looked at dumbells or bench bars they have areas in the metal that are granulated for grip. that always put stress on my palms pushing the skin back and forth on my palms. ofcourse the grips are meant for griping so it grips the skin. Not sure the medical reason behind it like i said im not a doctor but that action stops the palms from producing the eczema bubble completely.The eczema bubbles if you look close are like little bubble pockets that are filled with a sticky fluid! Almost as if its auto immune! like the skin that was there was liquefied leaving little holes in the dermal layers under the top layer of skin,...its kinda gross actually! And no im not telling you to go join a gym and start pounding iron,.....because for the past two years ive retired from the gym myself and boy oh boy did it come back with a vengeance....like it always does when i took time off from the gym. So anyways i still have a few dumbells laying around the house and started just picking them up every other day putting the stress on my palms and ofcourse ,...guess what no more bubbles! Bubble free! If you can figure a way to replicate the same stress on the palms it will work for you too. If you could see mine during the times of bubble madness you would cry for me....its terrible! painful! embarrassing! ugly!,..you get the picture! Because alot of the stress on the palms came from the metal griper part when i was benching ofcourse the stress on the palms was in a downward motion putting great stress on the skin(palms) of the hand...i now will pick up the dumbells for a few reps ill also rub my palms across the gripper part for a few minutes each hand and im bubble free. Be honest with you i need to start pounding weights killing two birds with one stone! Did i just use that cliche,..i guess i did! Anyways.. It takes a couple weeks because your skin will heal and then you have to rid your self of skin that your body will natural do!! You figure it out scientifically but its worked for 26 years for me! 26! Thats all folks im sure ill get some doosy responses from this...but it works,..it really works and hey it just might motivate some of you bubble handed twinkie eaters to get in shape and be bubble free like me!!!! see ya later!!!!
Mister Bubble free!

Personally, I look forward to the little asymptomatic bubbles. They're fun to and ,but then I only get a few at at time and doesn't impede my day any.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

lol thas funny

What do you do if you have it on your toes? should i pressure the toe bubbies?

I wish this worked for me I've been lifting weights for some time now and that's when it started to appear if anything :(

I had these bubbles in by hand and I would just pick at them and more would appear the after a while they just went away

Dude , plz simplify that , I can't read all,that I have a promblem

Your retarded, when you pop them it exposes your flesh

I had this on my palms and fingers until I realized I was allergic to metal and removed my watch and wedding band. It takes three months for them to go away but it works.

If you put the watch back on it takes about a month or so but the bubbles return.

That might actually be true. I only have it on my left palm, the same arm where I wear my watch. Hmm. I might give it a try. It is just annoying, especially since it doesn't seem to be going away, but not getting worse either. Thanks.

thanks so much I have been wondering this so much!