About a year ago I noticed raised areas, like blisters under skin on the Palms of my hands(red), some pin head size others small nail head size some of the larger ones form a blister well under the skin...painful to touch. The others ones are just itchy, drive you nuts itchy. A doctor checked on Vasculitis and they think it is that...I seem to think there is a bacterial inflammation in my blood. Has anyone heard of this? I take Zyrtec 1 daily and if I miss two days the bumps come on me with a vengence. A biopsy was done at the site of a bump and prevelant of Neutraphils. I had a cortosteroid shot for another ailment and it worked miricales on my vasculities. Does anyone know of other diseases that I should check into. and will a full body pet scan reveal the source of this stuff. Thank you,

Kitkat56 - I've had the same issue for several years now. I've consulted with numerous doctors, however the most relevant diagnosis would be an allergic reaction. I'm consulting with a dermatologist and allergist later this month to explore this further.

I've taken several prescription allergy medications over the years, though I haven't been able to link missing doses to any outbreaks. While I'm no longer taking meds, I may go months without an incident. Some are minimal, lasting only a day or two, while others are very prominent, lasting for many days or weeks. The problem also may only inflict a single hand, although I've never noticed the issue affecting the soles of my feet. I had the same result as you when I too took a cortosteroid shot for another ailment. Some reasearch online seems to indicate it may be a mild form of eczema. This would seem to be on target as eczema outbreaks can be brought on by allergies. If I find a real diagnosis I'll be sure to let you know.

Vasculitis is also associated with lupus. Lupus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease. Autoimmune diseases are illnesses that occur when the body's tissues are attacked by its own immune system.

I started out with huge bruises that, came from no where, and developed all over my stomach area; and now I have developed this rash underneath the skin on the palm of one hand, as well as my upper arm.

I have a similar condition on the palms of my hands, although mine are hardly ever itchy. They are raised tiny lumps, painful to the touch, with a blister like hole under the skin if you pick the top layer of skin off (eww I know). They seem to come and go. My Dr diagnosed them as vasculitis immediately (although they don't fit the pictures and descriptions typically given on the internet) and ordered a full blood analysis, mentioning the high likelihood of an autoimmune disease. Turned out as she thought = I tested positive for SSA and SSB autoimmune antibodies, which pointed to Sjogren's syndrome, and I was advised to see an immunologist or a rheumatologist. The immunologist I saw said all he could do was give me corticosteroids to alleviate the symptoms if they bothered me as these disorders are treated palliatively only (they can only treat the symptoms not the cause). I was also told that women often experience these symptoms after childbirth - one's immunity drops during pregnancy and then spikes higher than normal after childbirth or breastfeeding, triggering the antibodies that have probably been effectively "dormant" until then. This described my situation exactly, and also correlated with a few friends who all developed autoimmune syndrome symptoms after the birth of their children. I was told that my symptoms may disappear or may not worsen beyond what they are now, or may progress, but that there is no way of knowing and diagnosis is only determined by an accumulation of symptoms together with the blood tests that confirm the presence of antibodies. I had to let my obstetrician know as there is an associated risk of heart block or neonatal lupus in newborns of mothers with these antibodies. My first and second children are both fine and the obstetrician even said that a heart block sounds more scary to the parent than the reality and I had nothing to worry about. My symptoms subside while pregnant/breastfeeding, but I am aware that they may very well worsen again afterwards. I didn't know I had this condition until 1.5 years after having my first child, and I guess it's likely they may have these antibodies too, but I don't wish them to be defined by this illness when they are otherwise healthy, and symptoms may (or may not) show up only when they reach their late 30s.

I went today with this after having ot appear for the first time 2 weeks ago and this is what the doc diagnosed - http://pompholyx.co.uk/

looking at the pics and description it fits my symptoms and sounds the same as a lot of yours - tapioca, frog spawn under the skin, raising into itchy bumps that pop and crust over when scracthed too much.

Off to get my cream in a minute.

i have had the same thing for about a year. only present on my right foot (the arch, back of heel and outside of foot) and my right hand and it can be quite painful at times. sometimes they can be very itchy and sometimes feel like they are burning and very hot. after seeing the doctor 3 times and he having no idea what it was he suggested I use a simplehydrocortizone cream. This gets rid of them within 2 weeks. they stay away for a couple of months then come back. Its only after reading your posts that i know or atleast 99% sure what it is so thank you for helping!!

I wish there is some cure for it.... why do silly doctors around the world still uses antibiotics to cure paitients??!!!

I've had the EXACT same thing! its gotten so much worse though.  i originally noticed it when i was commuting to school and it literally hurt to drive.  my hands were covered in these bumps. after dealing with this for a month and thinking it was just from the hot steering wheel and it making my hnds sweat... i went to the dr.  he said it was vasculitis as well but the bumps were not pronounced enough for him to get a good diagnosis. sad...
now working outside in sneakers everyday in the texas heat... they are ALL over my feet and it feels like my feel are falling asleep and tingle.

Wow, thank you so much for these answers.   I now know that I have a form of exzema, I thought I had warts on my foot. 

The blisters on my foot started when I was pregnant however I had experienced them before in my teens.  The itching drives me insane and the lengths that I go to to stop the itch are ridiculous - primarily I have to make sure that I dont wear shoes or socks for prolonged periods of time and then when the itch starts I have to use the hard skin remover to get rid of as much of the top layers of skin as possible.  This causes all sorts of problems including not being able to walk properly.  Recently my husband qualified as an accupunturist and this helps hugely.  Much easier to find out how to control it as exzema than as an unidentified itch.

I have been looking all over for someone with similar symptoms. i have the itchy palms but mine goes to my fingers as well and they swell up but it feels like bumps or lumps under. & it also goes to my feet like around the balls of them & in the middle on the opposite side of my arch and they itch like crazy but they arent painful to touch. My doctor said that it may be because of the weather change (because it is cold right now where I live) but I dont think that it is because of that. 

Apart from the accupuncture, I also use a very heavy duty moisturiser as well which seems to work.  I use the Scholl cracked heal creams which keep the skin really well moisturised and soft and this seems to help to.   I also take an allergy relief tablet as soon as the itching starts (Zyrtec, Piriton or, because I take them regularly, a supermarket own brand one).

I have also had the bumps between my fingers on my left hand but havent had this problem for a few years now so dont know if it would work. 

I've found the doctor isnt reallly interested in the route cause but only wants to deal with the symptoms and I can do that much cheaper on my own!

I have a lot of your symptoms. I have puzzled 4 doctors. I've had a bioposy which was inconclusive. I have Lupus and diabetes. My Dr. said it isn't what she would normally expect to see with Lupus. About a year ago this started on the palm side of my hands, itched and looked like a terrible burn. It could return after months, now 1 to 2 times a month. Usually lasts a week or better. It is now starting to spread over more of my hands, more intense redness, itching and now appears with blisters. Can anyone help me? I would suggest for you to check for Lupus or an auto ammuine Dr.

i was told that it is a form of eczema known as dishydrosis by the dermatologist. she prescribed me a steroidal cream. that worked ok but i've had better luck using OLIVE OIL MIXED WITH A LITTLE CALAMINE LOTION. ALSO WEARING LOOSE COTTON or knit GLOVES until it becomes managable (especially at night). don't avoid water completely - as some defoliation of the skin this way is actually helpful - but don't water log the skin so that it ' raisins up '. thats what i've found works and i've been hit or miss with different remedies for a long time. hope this helps someone.

I have the exact same thing. it started on one hand almost a year ago then the other and now has spread to a finger tip. i've seen a dermatologist but he diagnosed it as something else and gave me two different types of cortizone cremes. they help subdue it but it eventually comes back with a vengeance. have you found out anything else??

It could be Syphilis....After many test done by my Doctor he said thats what it was