a good four days ago I saw a small red bump on my pubic area right above the shaft. I decided to shave. a day later the bump started to grow huge (size of a dime getting to a nickle), its been almost five days and I don't see any sign of this bump as a pimple, the bump has a little bit of a dry patchy skin area and hurt alot when pressure is applie. Ive done alot of research and im slowly convince that its an ingrown hair.. But not to sure please help me out.

Health Guru
Hi guest. It is either an ingrowing hair or a boil by the sound of it if it's a hair you can normally see a tiny hole where the hair should of come through try holding a hot compress on it and see if that will draw it to a head. Hope this helps :-)

I tried multiple times applying very hot towel on the bump, I dont see a head appear. Am I suppose to repeat this method a couple of times? Im kind of starting to freak out that it may be something else... I even attempted to pluck out the hair surrounding the bump with tweezers. Is there anyway i could explain my problem to a pharmacist and they could possibly help me out?

Health Guru

Do a search on Google images on what does an ingrown pubic hair look like and you can compare, you will probably need to put a hot wash cloth on it a few times and if possible take a hot bath and let it soak

It doesent seem to be to much of a ingrown... more of a boil, also would a pharmacist be in any aids of cream or something if i explain whats going on? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Health Guru
You could always try explaining to a pharmacist and see if the can recommend what you should do or if they can give you anything to use on it. Good luck and let up know how you get on :-)

So progress is went very well the bump is starting to go away slowly, however the bump did not form a head.. It just left a very a large patch of dry skin, do you think this is normal? i feel like every single bump should at least form a head then shrink?

Maybe not a patch of dry skin, but its starting to look more like a scab from the hair i was plucking out?