Today i realized that i had a medium sized bump on the outer lip of my vagina. I haven't had sex in a year and even then it was protected. I do have sensitive skin and most of the time get small red bumps after shaving. This bump just recently appeared though. I am extremely nervous because i have no idea what it is.So can someone please help me!

Hi Lindsey! so I'm going to do a rough "drawing" so here is your vagina / So is the bump inside the opening of the vagina or outside

/ . or /. And how big would you say it is! AND does it have a head or hurt!?

its on the outside of the opening. it hurts when you touch it but thats it. its like a medium size kind of like the size of a regular mole.

Since it has been a year since you had sex, I doubt it is genital warts etc! So I am leaning towards either an ingrown hair OR a pelvic pimple! IF there is just one, clean the area with non soap cleanser - such as spectrogel, physioderm, teraseptic, let the area air dry! You can dab some hydrogen peroxide onto the spot - with a Qtip! And IF it looks a bit red, put some polysporine on it! DONT have sex till it's healed! IF it is still the same in say a week or 10 days, then go and see a doctor! Also DON'T bathe with scented products, just shower and keep the area clean and don't shave! Let me know how you make out OK?